Call Block App?

badazz74

Reaction score
I just bought extreme call block, I haven't really played with it but so far I like it.

tincup703

Reaction score
I've been using Extreme Call Block for a couple of months. It works great and the developer has been updating it quite frequently.

tc

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put them on the blacklist on my phone apk

OP why use an 'app' when you can do it natively:
Modified Phone.apk v29, vibrate, black list, eclair, N1, etc.(0513) - xda-developers

I tried that on my Droid and it went into a loop resulting in me having to do a system restore...

huh, sure you grabbed the right file? might be a ROM issue (I'm running an older BB not sure if it will work with the new one or a Stock ROM).

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I just put them on the blacklist on my phone apk

OP why use an 'app' when you can do it natively:
Modified Phone.apk v29, vibrate, black list, eclair, N1, etc.(0513) - xda-developers

I'm not sure how that is doing it natively. You are installing an app too.

There is another alternative that is truly native. Create a contact, I call mine "ignore", and add any phone numbers you want to 'block' to that contact (I haven't found a limit yet if there is one). Then set that contact to 'send calls directly to voicemail' in the contact options menu.

I know it's not truly blocking calls but my phone never rings for those callers but I can still see when they called in the call log if I want to. I use Google Voice for VM so I can easily delete and not have to listen to any VMs they might leave.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
Vitticeps

Where do you choose "send calls directly to voicemail"? I can't find it anywhere when I'm creating a contact.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google Voice for VM so I can easily delete and not have to listen to any VMs they might leave.
Google Voice (while not an app) is my method of dealing with unwanted callers. They can go straight to voicemail (with no VM notification and the VM automatically deleted, IIRC) or end up with a number not in service message.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
View the contact then go to menu>options
don't go to edit contact, just view it