Calendar Sync w/Outlook hard time!

dogrrific.com

Reaction score
Hello,
If I enter an event in my G calendar it syncs fine with my Droid2, if I do the reverse entering it directly from my Droid then it works too and syncs G.
BUT nothing works in Outlook, the laptop sync app tells me that it syncs fine but to no avail.
Outlook does not get it from G and G does not get it from outlook.
A while ago I got a message that I do no longer get regarding some account possible conflict?
Could it be fixed - Thanks-

OP
D

dogrrific.com

Reaction score
Thanks,
I use the G cal sync 0.9.3.6

About delete settings
do you mean both, on Outlook or G cal settings?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would just start with Outlook since that is where the issue lies...

I do not use Google Calendar Sync so I am not sure how the settings work - but I would guess there is a "sync both ways" option and that is what you need to be sure is enabled...

Khiraji

Reaction score
I installed Google Calendar Sync last week, and was wondering why I kept getting an error... turns out GCS is not compatible with 64-bit versions of Outlook. BS, imo. My machines are running Win7 Pro and Office 2010 Pro, both 64-bit. However, I think I may have found at least some kind of solution.

I run my email accounts, both @msn.com accounts, through Outlook. I keep a calendar with one of them, which gets mirrored to the Windows Live Calendar associated with its @msn.com email account (that is, I enter events, appointments, etc on Outlook and it all gets copied to the cloud). Just for sharks and giggles, I tried adding a "Corporate Sync" account on my Droid 2 not 5 minutes ago (latest Android version). To my surprise, it worked! Everything on my @msn.com email accounts, including calendars, are now happily downloading to my Droid 2. I'm even able to create multiple calendar widgets and keep track of multiple calendars.

My VZW data plan is only 150MB (no corporate email, other bells/whistles). I'm hoping that I won't see a nasty surprise on my bill next month (doubtful...?), but as far as I can tell this solves at least one version of this problem. For the Corporate Sync account settings, I used the following:

• Domain/username: my @msn.com email
  • Password: its password
  • [X] Use secure connection
  • Server: m.hotmail.com
  • Email address: same as domain/username

And voila! Success. Hopefully this will be of some use, in some form, to someone.

OP
D

dogrrific.com

Reaction score
Thanks,
I run the 64 bit version with outlook 2007
I found in my neck of the wood a very supportive Verizon local team, they tried to help but had to reset my Droid to factory settings, redo it all and then ... miracle! it works.