Calendar App

shafen99

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my stock calendar dumping my appointments. What app would u suggest for keeping track of my life?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I am having a problem with my stock calendar dumping my appointments. What app would u suggest for keeping track of my life?

I've been having good luck with Jorte. Pretty nice widget, too.

OP
S

shafen99

Reaction score
Thank you, I installed Jorte last night and other than the colors it is exactly what I was looking for.

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
Thank you, I installed Jorte last night and other than the colors it is exactly what I was looking for.

I agree about the colors... I'm hoping future updates offer additional color schemes. Other than that, though, it's a good app and nice widget. Glad it works for you.

Sbeck

Reaction score
+1 for Jorte. I also use the Android agenda widget. I like its scrolling feature.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

jerchristi

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! Verizon and Motorola act like they've never heard of the problem.
Is Jorte ok for a novice?

OP
S

shafen99

Reaction score
I have been using Jorte for a while now and I am novice. No problems here.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

seitzmanp

Reaction score
Droid2 calendar deletes appoinments

I have had multiple "certified like new" Droid2 phones for multiple problems, none of which have really been like new. But the calender that spontaneously deletes appointments at random seems to be common to multiple phones I have been sent. Verizon seems incapable of actually fixing any problems, they just send another defective phone. But I happen to like the Droid, having hated the Blackberry I had previous to it. I just wish it would work correctly.
Anyway, it was a pleasure to discover from this forum that all I had to do was download a different calendar (Jorte), and voila', my problem has been solved. Thanks!!!
icon10.gif

gitargar

Reaction score
Calendar problem

I have google calendar on a pc, a laptop and my droidx. I have two separate calendars that I display at the same time (in the agenda view), one for family stuff, and one for my band schedule. A while back the band schedule quit syncing with my droid. Any suggestions?

mwshows

Reaction score
How are you displaying different calendars? *I have had no luck trying to do just that.
thx

In Jorte, when you create an event, it asks you which Google calendar you want the event to be posted in. After you create the event, it will then show up in the Jorte calendar no matter which of your Google calendars you created it in.

I love Jorte. I have also used Pocket Informant. PI is darn good too, but has no widget at this time. That is the reason I switched to Jorte. When PI gets a widget, I may switch back...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I want to have 2 home screens dedicated to calendars - 1 for work, 1 for personal. But all of the widgets I have found seem to use a system setting for which calendar(s) to display. I guess I want a calendar that communicates with google calendar, instead of just repeating what my phone says google calendar says. It's pretty useless the way it is, actually.

At least have a toggle switch to allow me to change what I am viewing. It's amazing - this functionality was available in the Palm IIIs in the '90s. but i digress.

Or am i still missing something? this is one instance i'd rather be wrong.. :)

Thx again

mikeavania

Reaction score
Calendar issue Droid2

Have Droid2 Global and depend on my calendar alot.
I have had the same problem with the calendar that came with this Droid2... it deletes appointments at random. Amazing that such a tech-savvy company could produce something so nonfunctional!
Just downloaded Jorte, Have yet to run it or set it up. Hope this cures the calendar issue.
Thanks People for the Jorte tip.