browser help

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
is there a setting or something that prevents your phone's browser from telling a website it is a mobile device. sometimes i just cant stand mobile websites!! and much rather use the full site. in a couple cases websites have no.option to go to there fullsite how do i get around this? i want the features of some full sites but they are preventing me because they didnt add a button on their mobile site!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
On the OG Droid you can enter about:debug in the address bar and hit enter. Then go to settings and look for "user agent", select it and change it to desktop. It will have to be changed every time you start a new browser session. Not sure if it's the same on your phone though. You can also get Dolphin browser and it's in the normal settings menu. Some websites will still give you the mobile site with this enabled.

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
no what im asking is is there an option to automatically view the full website that you see on a computer rather then the mobile version.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
That's what changing the user agent will do. It tells websites "hey, I'm a desktop (or mobile)!" whenever you go to a site. On the OG Droid's stock browser this setting isn't persistent, so you have to do it each time you start a new browser session. Your phone may be different. Dolphin browser's setting is persistent so you'll only have to set it once.

DROOIID

Reaction score
If you download the miren browser from the market you can change the settings to desktop. That's why I use it. Don't think you can on the stock unless the previous post is accurate.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui