Browser apps?

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score
I'm playing with Dolphin now, like the pinch zoom and gesture based controls, however I used FF on my pc and look forward to playing with it too (now if it has multi touch I'm on cloud 9).
Does the Dolphin browser support gifs? I might have asked this before. Sorry if I have.

Boris Badenov

Reaction score
Personally...​

I'd recommend sticking with the default/Google browser.​

It's fast, efficient, and functional.​

That's not a good attitude for open development platforms...

the "It's good enough" attitude never gets us anywhere. I'm looking forward to the Mozilla browser as well as perhaps skyfire, and others to see what else may be fastER, MORE efficient and HIGHER functionality.

It is not about attitude...
It just that default browser is the best choice for the moment.
and yes, I tried them all...

rican408

Reaction score
Agreed. Default is best for now. Opera was soooo fast on my bb im waiting for that. It was faster then my droid on wifi.....

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score
I'm using Dolphin, will be looking at Fennec by Firefox
I just tried Dolphin and it seems like its just as fast as the default browser. At first, I wasn't impressed with it because the links weren't working. So when I went back to the default browser, I clicked on some links but it jumped into the Dolphin browser :icon_eek:. Weird, especially when I didn't make Dolphin the default app for net browsing. I hope the browsers aren't dependent on one another like Messaging and Handcent apps are. But the upside of Dolphin, the gesture features are a huge +. I was often annoyed having to hit the back button on my droid with the stock browser. I can just hit a gesture to go back and forward thru pages, Nice! And, the fact that you can create a custom gesture is big for me. And after a while, Dolphin is working better now.

I haven't tried the pinch zoom effect so many people have mentioned, what am I doing or not doing? Thanks for anyone who answers.

dynasty82

Reaction score
i use a browser called "infinity". its a pretty decent browser. has copy and paste and text to speech as well. still looking forward to a firefox browser though

lschmitt

Reaction score
@DaHarder.

I agree. I downloaded and used Dolphin for a day or two but ended up goin back to the default browser. It works great, so why fix it?

lschmitt

Reaction score