Status
Not open for further replies.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Uu
What "makes sense" is to say "I either need to unroot or sbf before I take this in. Or do an insurance claim with it still rooted". You know, taking responsibility instead of cheating the system because "no one will know because they can't see it"?
It "bothers" me because a) I'm a rep and see stuff like that all day, everyday. I wish I had a dollar for every "Idk how my phone got wet so you should replace my phone for free...no I don't have insurance." I've heard. b) Just because Verizon can't see it, doesn't mean Motorola and other manufacturers can't. And we wonder why these phones are getting locked down..?
I agree that rooting had nothing to do with it and see what you're saying but, whether its manufacturer defect or not, warranty doesn't exist once you root unless you unroot/sbf...period.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Insurance is not warranty. Getting a replacement phone under asurion has nothing to do with rooting. There is a deductible for lost or damaged phones.

Warranty also excludes a lot of other misuse damage like dropping your phone...so asurion will replace it.

Sent from my Droid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks...

Uu
What "makes sense" is to say "I either need to unroot or sbf before I take this in. Or do an insurance claim with it still rooted". You know, taking responsibility instead of cheating the system because "no one will know because they can't see it"?
It "bothers" me because a) I'm a rep and see stuff like that all day, everyday. I wish I had a dollar for every "Idk how my phone got wet so you should replace my phone for free...no I don't have insurance." I've heard. b) Just because Verizon can't see it, doesn't mean Motorola and other manufacturers can't. And we wonder why these phones are getting locked down..?
I agree that rooting had nothing to do with it and see what you're saying but, whether its manufacturer defect or not, warranty doesn't exist once you root unless you unroot/sbf...period.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Insurance is not warranty. Getting a replacement phone under asurion has nothing to do with rooting. There is a deductible for lost or damaged phones.

Warranty also excludes a lot of other misuse damage like dropping your phone...so asurion will replace it.

Sent from my Droid

DroidForums Junkie!!

onsht1kll

Reaction score
I'm sure the fact that reps don't care what gets returned has a factor on why we can't get an unlocked bootloader. If people didn't warranty rooted phones and reps cared what they sent back we might not have locked bootloaders .. just saying ..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I have a freind who works at a verizon corp store. He said that a lot of customers come in with water damage and they still replace their phones under verizon one year warranty.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Stuff like that costs Verizon an average of $3,000,000 a month...yikes!!!!

I have a freind who works at a verizon corp store. He said that a lot of customers come in with water damage and they still replace their phones under verizon one year warranty.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly!!

I'm sure the fact that reps don't care what gets returned has a factor on why we can't get an unlocked bootloader. If people didn't warranty rooted phones and reps cared what they sent back we might not have locked bootloaders .. just saying ..

DroidForums Junkie!!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

Dude verizon is balling. Average bill is $70.00 or more. Its only airtime. What could airtime cost.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this doesn't get back on topic very soon the thread will be closed.

onsht1kll

Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

Dude verizon is balling. Average bill is $70.00 or more. Its only airtime. What could airtime cost.

Don't forget about maintenance costs .. there are still towers to maintain and put up new ones .. Verizon is the best cuz of the money they put into the network from the money we pay them ..

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
If this doesn't get back on topic very soon the thread will be closed.

well i think the topic has ended since we have happy ending. He got his warranty replacement. So case is closed...........GO STEELERSSSSSSSS :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

doublea500

Reaction score
Well, to add a happy ending to this story, I found out that TODAY is the last day for my 1-year manufacturer's warranty so I promptly got my butt over to the Verizon store to get a replacement! They took one look at the phone, agreed that it was defective and gave me a new (refurbished) Droid.

... just finished rooting it dancedroid

you lucky lucky lucky person! congratz

Phoenix1224

Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

I see where you are coming from, and being a rep myself, I agree on certain points. Liquid damage, well, there is just no getting around that and people who want the company to pay up because they BROKE their stuff is BS. But rooting and flashing ROMs and such, though voiding the warranty is another matter, IMO. When the phone gets sent to repair, they're going to completely flash the phone back to new anyway, maybe after collecting some statistics. Once they're done making sure the innards work, they'll replace what's needed on the outside and sell it again. So, after spending years listening to idiots try to receive a new phone after their old one was shat out by an elephant, i would have no problem replacing a rooted phone; especially since they can supposedly refurb completly bricked phones!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.