bought Better Keyboard

rsarno

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a skin that makes it more like the Moto Droid?

I really cant stand having the numbers in the keys like that

or is there a way it can be removed?
thx

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
i searched google and this forum, i cant believe it .. am i the only one who doesnt like the keyboard? lol

i hope theres a way to change it :(

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I was one step away from exchanging my Dinc for an X due to the standard keyboard. I searched the market and read reviews about probably over 20 different keyboards. who would have thought this would be a big issue! LOL

I ended up getting Ultra Keyboard. It had great reviews fully customizable and it had a free trial so I was able to decide if this would fix my issues. It is soooo much better.
When I looked at the "better keyboard" it didn't seem to offer the same features or have the ability to change it to fit your needs.

Good luck

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
I was one step away from exchanging my Dinc for an X due to the standard keyboard. I searched the market and read reviews about probably over 20 different keyboards. who would have thought this would be a big issue! LOL

I ended up getting Ultra Keyboard. It had great reviews fully customizable and it had a free trial so I was able to decide if this would fix my issues. It is soooo much better.
When I looked at the "better keyboard" it didn't seem to offer the same features or have the ability to change it to fit your needs.

Good luck

doesnt ultra keyboard take up the full screen when typing? i definitely need to see what im typing haha

removed

Reaction score
1. Search "Keyboard" on Market
2. Download and choose a keyboard to your likings
3. ??????
4. Profit!

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
1. Search "Keyboard" on Market
2. Download and choose a keyboard to your likings
3. ??????
4. Profit!

As I said I have searched.

Any keyboard i see has the same numbers on keys

Any specific suggestion?

danip511

Reaction score
I hate the keyboard too. I tried ultra keyboard and it was great cause you could adjust the height of the keys so it's easier to type BUT i couldn't see what i was typing which is a problem for me so i'm back to better keyboard which is ok.
I can't handle the keyboard; it's so difficult compared to a physical keyboard. I'm always accidentally pushing those little number keys so the number keyboard comes up. it's such a waste of time. i envy the people who are able to use virtual keyboards. i make tons of mistakes. i've had the phone for two wks now and i'm a little better but still not better enough to not get me frustrated several times/day.

I'm returning the phone tomorrow; virtual keyboard sux, something's up with my vibrate on the phone as it just doesn't work, calendar doesn't switch to portrait so it's impossible to add anything without mistakes, battery is not great (but i could live with that if everything else was good). I guess that's it but that's enough. i'm going to get the droid 2 or maybe wait for the dell phone with a keyboard --the flash or something. But going back to my htc ozone will suck and i'll miss all the aps but at least i'll be able to txt and input stuff in my calendar

atthehop

Reaction score
Maybe it is me but I don't have a problem with the keyboard in landscape mode. Old people adjust easily.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
if you are still having trouble disabling your keyboards/switching between them you can check out our second most recent post which shows you how to do it. the post is at 2guys1droid.blogspot.com

twigadee

Reaction score
yay for small hands :D i have no problem with the keyboard in either portrait or landscape.

jeffruby

Reaction score
I'm with original poster. Want better keyboard with one Icon per button. Hate the double icons on one button.