BMW Blluetooth connectivity with Bionic

Sxjose

Reaction score
I have a new Droid Bionic. My BMW bluetooth will extract the contacts only as phone numbers, not names. It extracted by names from my blackberry. Is there any solution to this? An address book by phone number only is not usefull

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My best guess is it has something to do with the software on your BMW, try checking your manual.

OP
S

Sxjose

Reaction score
My best guess is it has something to do with the software on your BMW, try checking your manual.

Thanks for Responding. The Bluetooth and Data Capture works fine with my blackberry--the BMW captures the contacts' names perfectly from the Blackberry. This phenomenom is unique to the Bionic and the BMW manual has no answer here. I do believe it is a software connectivity issue from Android to the BMW, not sure why and don't know if anyone else has experienced something similar

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried calling or going to your BMW dealership?

I was guessing it has something to do with the syncing between BMW and Android as it is quite a bit more complex than just syncing bluetooth. Maybe there's some sort of update for the software in your car?

A little offtopic, but may I ask what car it is? Sorry I'm really into cars:)

OP
S

Sxjose

Reaction score
It's a 2011 BMW 535 xi. Haven't been to the dealer. At some point, I will but I presume they will not have an answer

OP
S

Sxjose

Reaction score
It's a good car--strong pick up. Good interior features (my first BMW)

What do you think about the Razr? I have one week left to return the Droid Bionic--keep it or pay the restocking fee and get the Razr?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a good car--strong pick up. Good interior features (my first BMW)

What do you think about the Razr? I have one week left to return the Droid Bionic--keep it or pay the restocking fee and get the Razr?

Nice, I love the new body style that BMW went to, though not so sure how I feel about the new 3series. I recommend you call up the dealer, no harm in doing so and ask them why it doesn't work with Android, if anything they'll refer you to another number. Maybe the two softwares aren't compatible yet, but that surprises me considering how popular Android has become...

As for the Razr, I think it's going to be a great phone, but I got my eyes set on the Nexus. Yeah the Razr will get ICS eventually, Moto believes early 2012, but the Nexus was built to run ICS and looks a little more "futuristic" imo.

Rumored release date for Razr is Nov. 10 I believe so you're still quite a few weeks off from it. If you return the Bionic next week what will you go to and will you pay another restocking fee or two just to wait for the Razr? It will be a good phone and there should be plenty in stock, I have a gut feeling that many people are holding out for the Nexus.

OP
S

Sxjose

Reaction score
Nice, I love the new body style that BMW went to, though not so sure how I feel about the new 3series. I recommend you call up the dealer, no harm in doing so and ask them why it doesn't work with Android, if anything they'll refer you to another number. Maybe the two softwares aren't compatible yet, but that surprises me considering how popular Android has become...

As for the Razr, I think it's going to be a great phone, but I got my eyes set on the Nexus. Yeah the Razr will get ICS eventually, Moto believes early 2012, but the Nexus was built to run ICS and looks a little more "futuristic" imo.

Rumored release date for Razr is Nov. 10 I believe so you're still quite a few weeks off from it. If you return the Bionic next week what will you go to and will you pay another restocking fee or two just to wait for the Razr? It will be a good phone and there should be plenty in stock, I have a gut feeling that many people are holding out for the Nexus.

I'm probably going to stick with the Bionic. I could wait for the Razr (I have a work phone I could use in the interim) and have nothing for a few weeks but I'm concerned about the Razr not being able to remove the battery. Am I crazy?
Regarding the BMW, both the 3 and 5 series are sharp and good cars. I chose the 5 just because I need leg room in the back for my 6foot tall kid
Appreciate the advice--I will call BMW but they will tell me it's the phone

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm probably going to stick with the Bionic. I could wait for the Razr (I have a work phone I could use in the interim) and have nothing for a few weeks but I'm concerned about the Razr not being able to remove the battery. Am I crazy?
Regarding the BMW, both the 3 and 5 series are sharp and good cars. I chose the 5 just because I need leg room in the back for my 6foot tall kid
Appreciate the advice--I will call BMW but they will tell me it's the phone

I would think the Razr has a replaceable battery, as far as I know, all the Droids do. What's cool about the Razr is the back is made of Kevlar, so it's gonna be a tough phone to break.

I'd take a 5series over a 3series anyday, unless it was an M3 over a regular 5series....oh the choices. Great cars nonetheless, but sorry to say I think I'm a Mercedes kinda guy;)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol. The war that is German luxury will never end. Audi vs BMW, with Mercedes there to pick up the scraps. Oh, the times we have.

Make sure you guys hit me up the next time BMW or Mercedes manage this though:
2011-Audi-24H-Lemans_30.jpg

I won't hold my breath:biggrin: