Bluetooth will not DISconnect

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a search and found a lot of posts here asking about Bluetooth connection issues but not what I need -- which is how do I get the darn Bluetooth to DISconnect? :blink:

I have the basic Droid (don't remember model # but it's one of the first ones) and a Sony Ericsson HCB 150 Bluetooth gizmo. When I get in the car, or just within range, the Bluetooth on the Droid connects immediately, which is nice. But then when I get out of the car and no longer need it, I cannot get it to turn off. More than once I've gotten a call, picked it up, heard nothing, and then realized that my caller is out there talking to my empty car!! Humorous but annoying. Once I do have a call on the line, it seems I can press the Bluetooth button during the call, and it's disconnects and I can talk normally. But before that, nothing I do will turn the blue light to red so that it's no longer running thru the Bluetooth. And, further annoying, when I finish the call it will re-connect. It's not until I get out of range--which seems to be pretty darn far, for instance, right now as I'm typing I am in my office up on the third floor of the building, I can see my car down below but even the elevator ride up and it's still connected!!

Weird, right? What can I do, does anyone know?

Thanks,
Cindi

JRParsons

Reaction score
Do you turn off the bluetooth gizmo when you get out of the car, or alternatively, do you turn off bluetooth on the phone. Neither device has anyway of knowing that you left the car. If bluetooth is enabled on the phone it will sporadically scan for paired devices. The fact that it connects from a long distance is usually considered a good thing.