Bluetooth Stereo Issue

naff47

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a Sony Bluetooth stereo which runs on Bluetooth 3.0. My phone is a Pocophone F1 which has Bluetooth 5 built in. Music and all other device sounds play perfectly through my stereo but when I make a call the person on the other end can hear me through my stereo mic but I cannot hear them. I've also tried it with my Dad's Nokia 2 which also has Bluetooth 5.

I've read that Bluetooth 5 is backwards compatible so I thought it would work but am I wrong? I have read about disabling OK Google but I don't have that featured turned on anyway.

Should it work? If not can I do anything to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum.

I am not very familiar with Bluetooth 5 and the differences between that & older versions. But it would seem that if you can hear music & audio you should also be able to hear phone calls. Have you checked Bluetooth Settings on your phone, tap the gear icon next to the device name and make sure all Audio options are selected?
06a3fbe11171097f5700446964a9cfe7.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
N

naff47

Reaction score
...so after scouting Google I've come across exactly what I think is my problem...sound from phone calls only routes to the front speakers...I only have speakers in the rear because I'm in the process of buying new ones for the front so therefore I have no sound because I don't have speakers in the front...and now I feel silly!

Thank you for trying to help me though!

Source: https://community.sony.co.uk/t...nd-when-calling/m-p/302986#M99

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No need to feel silly. That answer might help someone else. I never really paid attention to the sound only coming through my front speakers on a call.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk