Bluetooth Headset with Pandora?

mmcompute

Reaction score
I ride a motorcycle and have a bluetooth headset in my helmet. Is it possible to stream Pandora to my headset via Bluetooth? Initial attempts only played music through the phone's speaker and not my helmet's.

Thanks!

Benton

Reaction score
I play Pandora through my bluetooth fine. Make sure your bluetooth is set for media profile on the phone and not phone hands-free.

mudpro69

Reaction score
I play Pandora through my bluetooth fine. Make sure your bluetooth is set for media profile on the phone and not phone hands-free.
Good point...I stream pandora to my S9s from the droid at the gym. At work I stream it from my laptop *however, I have to manually select media....

rjsurfer

Reaction score

What menu allows you to select media profile vs. hands free, I don't have those options on my bluetooth menu choices?

Thanks

Ron W.

Gelzyme

Reaction score
I have no problems using a Bluetooth headset (Jabra BT8010) to listen to media. I'm not aware of any "media profile" setting.

Benton

Reaction score
My bad in wording, sorry. I play Pandora through bluetooth on my Jabra BT3030 stereo headset and my car's Sync system through the car's stereo. The Jabra will play media and take calls on the fly with no interaction on my part but the Sync requires me to select Media Audio on the Sync (not phone) in order to play on the car's system.

lovewow

Reaction score
Make sure your bluetooth is set for media profile on the phone and not phone hands-free.

myriad46

Reaction score
This also depends on your bluetooth device. It needs to be capable of running in a media format. Not all bluetooth headsets will be able to do this.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been stated already: you need an A2DP capable headset.