Hey Motorcycle Peeps! Bluetooth Question Here :)

RobinDeanDotCom

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a stereo (for listening to music) bluetooth communicator (for intercom-app communication) headset that is a) small enough to fit under a full-face motorcycle helmet and b) not designated to motorcycle use only (meaning we can walk around with it off the bike as well) ???

Basically, I'm looking for a stereo bluetooth headset that is intended for non-biker use but will fit under my full-face helmet.

reh8388

Reaction score
Just go with a motorcycle dedicated one. The noise cancellation required for use on the motorcycle as well as the high volume the speakers need to output is not something you will find on a regular headset.

I use the scala rider G4 and love it. If people call while I'm riding they have no idea I'm on the bike unless I tell them.

OP
R

RobinDeanDotCom

Reaction score
Being a studio engineer, I'm all too familiar with gating and noise cancellation. I already bought a cycle dedicated intercom/phone unit. However, to keep the debate alive, there is an app for Android called "Intercom" that has a built in gate so that you can configure the noise cancellation for a standard bluetooth headset.

That said, it really comes down to size and mic placement. Which one is configured best for motorcycle use without initially being intended for motorcycles?