Bluetooth GamePad

Batman8

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good bluetooth gamepad that works with the Bionic? I am considering an "Onlive" account for my Bionic to play many of the PS3 and 360 games they have that require an actual controller instead of touch screen buttons. I would of course also like to use the same controller if possible to play the emulated games too that are already available on Android (like the roms from Snesoid, Gensoid, N64oid, Mame, etc.).

Any thoughts on which one works best AND where I can buy it?

Thanks much!

followtheflow

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good bluetooth gamepad that works with the Bionic? I am considering an "Onlive" account for my Bionic to play many of the PS3 and 360 games they have that require an actual controller instead of touch screen buttons. I would of course also like to use the same controller if possible to play the emulated games too that are already available on Android (like the roms from Snesoid, Gensoid, N64oid, Mame, etc.).

Any thoughts on which one works best AND where I can buy it?

Thanks much!

Have you tried the Phonejoy (Phonejoy) yet? I recently received mine and it works with all the emulators, also got all the buttons I need for N64oid. I think onlive only works with their app, so that may not be the best choice for emulators then...

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey followtheflow,

Thanks for the reply, and "NO" I have not seen nor tried the Phonejoy but it looks very interesting. I did order a device called the iControlPad about a month ago but STILL haven't received it yet (due to back orders and the fact that it's coming from the UK when I'm in the U.S.).

Let me know if it works well with a Bionic connected to a big screen TV via HDMI. I like the idea that the Phonejoy works with about 100 regular Android games as well as the emulators, which means I "should" be able to use it to play lots of games on my Bionic/big screen just as if they were console games!

Thanks again for sharing this info!!!

kurumatt

Reaction score
I use a ps3 controller and the sixaxis app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

followtheflow

Reaction score
Hey followtheflow,

Thanks for the reply, and "NO" I have not seen nor tried the Phonejoy but it looks very interesting. I did order a device called the iControlPad about a month ago but STILL haven't received it yet (due to back orders and the fact that it's coming from the UK when I'm in the U.S.).

Let me know if it works well with a Bionic connected to a big screen TV via HDMI. I like the idea that the Phonejoy works with about 100 regular Android games as well as the emulators, which means I "should" be able to use it to play lots of games on my Bionic/big screen just as if they were console games!

Thanks again for sharing this info!!!

Yeah, I heard about iControlPad's long waiting times. My friend got one, and it's great while on the go. But the due to the size and better buttons I prefer my Phonejoy when playing via HDMI. SixAxis also works fine from what I know, but you need to root your phone and change the controller's MAC ID every time you want to use it with your PS3 again and I didn't really want to do that.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I hear the ps3 controller works great with android but I've never used it myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums