bluetooth connects and disconnects

dnbreaks

Reaction score
I have an iMac at work and a MacBook Pro at home. Both on Mountain Lion. I had my Razr Maxx paired to the iMac and I could connect with no problem. I tried setting it up on my MB and it would connect for a few seconds and then disconnect. So at work I unpaired the iMac and tried setting it up again. Now it's doing the same thing with my iMac and I can't keep it connected. I've tried various settings when the Allow Internet Sharing box pops up on my phone and various settings in the Bluetooth Mobile Phone Setup on the iMac (pic attached), but I can't get it back to how it was before I unpaired it. Does anyone know the proper setting I should use to this to work again?

Thanks
Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 10.12.35 AM.png

mindhead1

Reaction score
I have a similar problem in my car, Hyundai Genesis. I have a MBP with Lion and will try and connect my max to it and see what happens.

The Maxx connects to my Jambox, Jaybird headphones, blue ant and BlackBerry gateway (in car) with no problems. However, when I connect to the car for phone calls the connection is not solid. I first noticed this when calls would drop. The problem also became audible when I would stream music from the Maxx via BT to the blackberry gateway. It would make the music sound like a skipping record. Problem would go away when I disconnected the phone from the car.

In my mind this is a phone problem as I have successfully used HTC phones (incredible, incredible 2, and DNA) in the car with dual connections and no problems. This problem has persisted with GB, ICS(. 211&. 215), and JB.

I'll connect to MBP and report back.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas?

I couldn't resist.....

Why would any self respecting owner of a iMac and MacBook Pro even think of owning an android phone??

All kidding aside, I have done a bit of digging and couldn't find an answer. I do have a friend though that is a Mac Affectionado that owns an android phone so I'll give him a shout and see if he knows.

David

OP
dnbreaks

dnbreaks

Reaction score
I couldn't resist.....
Why would any self respecting owner of a iMac and MacBook Pro even think of owning an android phone??

bigger screen
google navigation
google music and not really a fan of itunes
been with verizon for years and grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and they didn't have the iphone when I first bought a smartphone
I've been using gmail for almost as long as it has been available so I have all my contacts, etc there
simply like adroid os more than ios
Lastly, Mac and Android have at least one thing in common.... they both crap all over Windows... and smile doing it

Hope your friend has some insight on this issue. I hate not being able to figure something out!! thx

Redalert

Reaction score
bigger screen
google navigation
google music and not really a fan of itunes
been with verizon for years and grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and they didn't have the iphone when I first bought a smartphone
I've been using gmail for almost as long as it has been available so I have all my contacts, etc there
simply like adroid os more than ios
Lastly, Mac and Android have at least one thing in common.... they both crap all over Windows... and smile doing it

Hope your friend has some insight on this issue. I hate not being able to figure something out!! thx

Good facts. Also very true. I'm also very jealous they took my unlimited away I had it since my droid2. But I was getting tired of the small screen and 3g. So I did some research and found this RAZR maxx to be the best bang for the buck. I was lucky best buy on black Friday had these phones free with new contract. So I grabbed the old lady. Actually she is young, wink wink. If u ever stumble across this lol. And we were off like a prom dress. Kids were cranky, wife had aunt sue from the south and I was starting to get a headache. Best buys or verizons activation servers were down. Sixth dude in line, sweat dripping, people yelling. I stuck it out and grabbed my free RAZR maxx, slapped a ziggadee zag on it and been saying to myself were have you been all my life.

Still pretty pissed they didn't grandmother me in with my unlimited, But I'll live.

I just thought to myself sorry for hijacking and telling my life story. But I dig my phone. My new age swiss army knife..

:)

OP
dnbreaks

dnbreaks

Reaction score
Hi YellowJacket, just wondering if you've heard from your friend