Bluetooth connected, but notificaitons sound through device speaker.

dilbernator

Reaction score
I have an LG bluetooth headset, and a MOTO bluetooth headset, and when connected to the Droid 4 and a notification such as text received or email received sounds, it does not come through the headset, but through the device speaker. This is annoying as I am listening to music while working and want to have my droid be silent to those around me, but still know when I receive an email or message, or calendar reminder or .....

Anyone know how to fix this stupid oversight, or which group would address it best? Is this a failing of the operating system or the application? The Droid 1 had the same issue and I complained about it several times, but never seemed to get any traction in getting it fixed.

The thing is, I want it to work the exact same way it would if I have a wired headset plugged into the device. Then all notifications come through the buds in my ears, and not over the speakers. Why is this so hard?

Jim

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
This is evidently Genious design. My OG did this and so does my Bionic. But a bump and tag in case someone has a solution

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Not a bug, but a feature. Even does it with physical headphones plugged in, although the device sound is about 10% of the one you hear in your headphones.

MrLich

Reaction score
I too would love to know if there's a fix for this.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums