Bluetooth Car Stereo

Hans5849

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid and a 2003 Nissan 350z, I am preparing to replace the stereo system & navigation in the car. My plan is to use my droid in place of the Navigation system, google maps is 100x better than the stock navigation system.

I am looking at purchasing a JVC KD-R900 with bluetooth. This unit should connect to my Droid and allow me to make phone calls from it. What I want to know is will Google Maps Navigation act like the current stock navigation system where the audio comes through the car speakers.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid and a 2003 Nissan 350z, I am preparing to replace the stereo system & navigation in the car. My plan is to use my droid in place of the Navigation system, google maps is 100x better than the stock navigation system.

I am looking at purchasing a JVC KD-R900 with bluetooth. This unit should connect to my Droid and allow me to make phone calls from it. What I want to know is will Google Maps Navigation act like the current stock navigation system where the audio comes through the car speakers.

i tried this out on my xplod for my car and from what i can tell. the only way you can have the gps talk through the speakers is if you set the stereo for bluetooth audio.

mark1wat

Reaction score
He is correct. If you have the stereo, USB, cd, etc, playing then you get no sound at all, not even from the droid Nav. You have to have the stereo set to BT audio for it to work.

On the cool side of things. If you use pandora, or have music loaded on your Droid, all will come through the car speakers, and you will still be able to listen to Nav.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hans5849

Reaction score
Okay, will the navigation audio at least play over the Droid speakers when connected via bluetooth?

jcardona1

Reaction score
+1 for pandora through the cars speakers, i LOVE it! no need for CDs, ipods, satellite radio, nothing! all i need is my droid :)

mark1wat

Reaction score
Okay, will the navigation audio at least play over the Droid speakers when connected via bluetooth?

For me, when the stereo is set to "tuner aka radio" the audio will come out of the droids speaker.

Is there a setting for that? When I have my phone in the car and it is connected via Bluetooth, and my stereo is set to anything but BT audio, I get no sound from my droid. Kind of sux.