Bluetooth Calls Not Working

phil72

Reaction score
When I go to make a call through my car's bluetooth system the phone just stays off with no reaction at all, if I pick up the phone and call from it then it'll go through my bluetooth system in the car!? Is there something I'm missing or is the lockscreen preventing my calls to go through, if I remove the lockscreen the calls go through okay.
So if this is the case I'd have to leave my phone unprotected in order to use bluetooth, this is a pain in the ass seeing I'd have to always turn off lockscreen or open the phone to make calls from my car! Any information would be great, this is a pain in the arse seeing I need to make calls often from my car while driving.
I've reconnected the phone & car several times thinking that would help but nothing has helped, other than removing my lockscreen. Thanks Phil

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What car are you trying to connect to?

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
It's a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, the deck is stock with a built in bluetooth system in the car. I had better luck a few years back with my aftermarket deck, it always connected with no issues.
I'm wondering if I need an update or something the way these car's are now you never know I guess, I've got an oil change due so on Friday I'll take it in and mention it but in the past they didn't really know much about the more technical issues unless it shows on the scanner they really don't know what is going on. :)

Sent via my GS4

pjschaffer

Reaction score
Do you have Skype or Google Voice installed and have they recently updated? I've had this happen a few times when one of the calling app updates and the phone forgets what it's supposed to do when a Bluetooth call is initiated. Next time you're in your car, turn your phone screen on and then make a call with the car, watch the screen and see if it asks you what app to use to make the call. If it does, select the dialer and choose always.

Phil