Blackberry Holsters

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by otaku, Nov 10, 2009.

1. otaku

otaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I had nothing else, I first began using a Blackberry holster with my Droid. When it was inserted right-side-up, it did activate the car app and it did tend to drain my battery a bit quicker.

However, I found by inserting the phone upside-down into the holster does not activate the car dock. Sometimes it does activate the screen, I think because the phone recognizes the magnets for a split second as it is inserted into the holster. If I holster quickly, the screen will remain off (if it was off when inserted).

Just thought someone would find this interesting or informative.

2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool, which holster are you using?

3. otaku

otaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's the same type that came with the Blackberry (wish the Droid came with one!), the RIM Blackberry Vertical Pouch (with rotating belt clip).

4. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I Had used the Voyager Holster since I got my BB Storm. Now since I have migrated to the DROID, I am still using it. The Sales Rep was using on on his Droid for a week before I bought mine, and gave a good report on it. So I have been using the one my BB was using, and I find I have no problems as long as the screen is pointing outwards. It fits like the case was made for it.