black screen o death

Thrashaero

Reaction score
I just finished installing liberty 2 for the 3rd time, trying to get rid of these god damn black screens.
The second install was working fine all day...then one time I open dolphin browser, just black beneath the pulldown tab.
Then I turn the screen off, and back on, only for it to be the backlit black screen all over. Battery pull is the only thing I can think of to get around it. It worked fine again..but for maybe a couple minutes.
Went through this routine about 3 or 4 more times in the span of an hour and said screw it, wipe, reinstall.
Now it's doing it on an entirely fresh install.
What the hell do I do now?

OP
T

Thrashaero

Reaction score
now it's all f-ed up...can't run file manager to install TB to restore bootstrapper, can't run market to download TB or bootstrapper...ridiculous.

zsld0423

Reaction score
Have you tried to do an SBF? then re-do Liberty, and let the market re-download your apps, and then use Titanium Backup to just restore the data in the apps. That would be my guess as to what might fix it, although doing an SBF isn't really fun lol

OP
T

Thrashaero

Reaction score
no i havent tried that...last time i did i bricked the damn phone from the slightly different version of sbf than what i was supposed to be using.

zsld0423

Reaction score
if anything i'd say try that, use the 2.3.340 SBF and it shouldn't brick you. I know if on a Win7 computer, running the program as administrator sometimes will fix issues people have had with the flashing not going all the way through, it fixed all of mine

OP
T

Thrashaero

Reaction score
Is there any way I can just get back into clockwork recovery without using bootstrapper? Some key combo when powering on? I know there's one for stock recovery, but of course that is useless...unless i'm wrong of course.

OP
T

Thrashaero

Reaction score
alright, it turns out this brand new, well reviewed Transcend brand microsd 16gb card seems to be the culprit.
I put in my old one and finally I can find and install TB and CM recovery, back to my 1.5 install.
ugh. And what is with these SD card readers? I put the microsd into the sd adapter, plug it into the sd slot of the reader... I tried a trendnet reader at work, just hangs when I try to click on the disks that only show up in the window of drives (when you click on computer on explorer's list on the left, the drives don't show up in that list)...and the same happens with a sandisk one i have at home.
It does it with both my new and old cards. The only way I could get the data copied from my old card to the new one was to transfer from the old to the pc (needed regardless of course)...but use the phone as the reader for the new card. I erased all the empty crap the phone put on the card when it booted up, and copied onto it all the stuff that I put on the pc from the old card.
Maybe this is why it's all screwy..I don't see why though.