BIONIC & DROIDX little change to me

roach

Reaction score
I bought my bionic on tuesday and have yet to see 4G at the top.is there something I have to turn on.I have yet to see a difference from my Droid X except for a couple extra icons.I put my Bionic next to a DroidX and opened a web browser and there just about the same.Now as far as the look and feel there is a small difference.We were told the display was 4.5 inches.No change.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one was told 4.5 you listened to rumors.... I came from a DROID x too.... and I think this is a huge improvement maybe you had a special DROID x

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Other than a few small extras, I don't see a major improvement from Droid X. That phone was perfect. I don't have 4g yet but I knower I am moving to a 4g area next month so I upgraded. If I was going to be stuck here, I spoked have kept my X.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I came from a DX as well and I love my Bionic.. much faster. I do live in a 4G area so perhaps thats why I'm enjoying it more than some of you. However, the device itself is considerably faster than the DX.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Here in north east OH, I see a HUUUGE difference between 3G and 4G. The phone is alot faster, too. I also used a DX, for almost a yr and a half. Same phone since Launch day; DX.

I'm lovin my Droid Bionic - thank you New Jersey

Last edited:

Wera750

Reaction score
I came from a DX as well. The Bionic is a huge improvement IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kman79

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have 4G service in your area correct? If so, check the networking option on your phone and make sure it is CDMA/LTE and not just CDMA only.

In terms of changes between the DX and the Bionic, they're the same essentially because they both run Gingerbread, but the Bionic is smoother and faster, which is a big enough improvement for me.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
To me the B seems like the same model of a luxury car as the X just a few years newer. My X was not as polished and smooth as this phone, that's for sure. I also had to overclock and tweak the X in about 10 different ways to make it faster. The B comes out of the box fast as heck!

lostse7en

Reaction score
The 2 phones are fundamentally different, hardware wise. There no where the same save for body style.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I bought my bionic on tuesday and have yet to see 4G at the top.is there something I have to turn on.I have yet to see a difference from my Droid X except for a couple extra icons.I put my Bionic next to a DroidX and opened a web browser and there just about the same.Now as far as the look and feel there is a small difference.We were told the display was 4.5 inches.No change.

Well it's not going to be a completely different experience. Im not sure what you're expecting to be "different". It's still Android. It'd be like if you upgraded from a 2006 BMW to a 2011. The new car would probably be faster and have a number of new features, but the cars would be pretty much the same when it comes to how the controls are laid out and the overall feel of everything.

The big advantage the Bionic has over the Droid X is features.. 1080p recording, webtop and hdmi mirroring, more storage space, 4G LTE, etc, etc. It should be noticeably faster and "snappier" too. The underlying Android experience will stay similar to the DX though.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
To me the B seems like the same model of a luxury car as the X just a few years newer. My X was not as polished and smooth as this phone, that's for sure. I also had to overclock and tweak the X in about 10 different ways to make it faster. The B comes out of the box fast as heck!

Exactly. Same analogy I used.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The 2 phones are fundamentally different, hardware wise. There no where the same save for body style.

Yea, not under the hood! I'm talking about turning on and using the phone. Both have GB with a newer version of blur. *Really don't miss the hard buttons on the X either!

Last edited:
OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have 4G service in your area correct? If so, check the networking option on your phone and make sure it is CDMA/LTE and not just CDMA only.

In terms of changes between the DX and the Bionic, they're the same essentially because they both run Gingerbread, but the Bionic is smoother and faster, which is a big enough improvement for me.
I put on CDMA/LTE,what about Home or Automatic what should be checked there.
Thank's for the help

brandon9559

Reaction score
No one was told 4.5 you listened to rumors.... I came from a DROID x too.... and I think this is a huge improvement maybe you had a special DROID x

I agree it must have been a special Droid X. Don't get me wrong I loved my Droid X too but there is a big difference as far as performance and specs go.