Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Really? Search the market for home replacement...or probably even this forum...There are a handful of home replacement apps to choose from.

OP
D

deke

Reaction score
no the app is called better home

The app is called better home. must be new only three reviews sound perfect it got 5 screens and you can use other themes

Audiophobe

Reaction score
The app is called better home. must be new only three reviews sound perfect it got 5 screens and you can use other themes

He's right.
I know there is an "Open" home. "Better" home is prob newer. Then there's Panda Home.
I tried Panda and Open uninstalled them. All I wanted was 5 or 6 home screens instead of the 3. For some reason it seemed too complicated and they tried to offer more features than I was interested in. I must admit that I didn't put too much effort into it. If there was a "lite" version of this one I would try it.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
trying now - have it installed, seems very fast. too bad better cut doesn't work with this yet. the dev descriptions says support OpenHome themes but apt format. i downloaded a free openhome theme to see if it would work but it won't open - just says i need to install OpenHome. What does the dev mean when he says "but apt format"?

Thanks

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it looks just like the stock home with 5 screens. I have been running Home++ but this seems much faster to switch screens. it works with abcOrganizer labels. The app drawer is organized a bit different, system apps are listed first in ABC order and in white, any installed apps are listed in ABC order and in light blue. everything else about it seems to work the same - at least in the first 20 or so minutes i've been messing with it. I just haven't been able to figure out the themes thing with the "apt format" the dev mentions. so far, so good...

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I guess they don't have a free lite version. It seems worth it if its
simple and works well. I'd like to hear more feedback.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running it almost 24 hours now. I will be keeping it - 5 screens and fast is exactly what i have been looking for. I liked the tool bar on Home++ but i can live without it. I finally got all the icons changed to what i was using before (abcOrganizer did the trick).
I see he has an update to fix the themes...i'll have to check this out.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update fixed the themes issue - everything was working fine till this morning, i tried a couple themes that worked well, and noticed there was yet another update available this morning. Like a moron, i allowed the update without doing a back-up of the one that was working...the latest trashed out out. It went into a FC loop that the only way i could stop was to do a battery pull. :mad:
I can go back to the original that the themes didn't work on - that version still works fine. At this point, i uninstalled it until he can get another fix out there. I'll probably give it another try, but i'm back to Home++ for now.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK...I decided to give it another try since the dev said he fixed the FC issues. I've been running it 3 days now with no FC and no problems. 5 screens, able to use OpenHome themes and everything is working fast again. Beautiful Widget, Audiomanager, MiniInfo and MotoTorch all work with it without issues so far.