Better E-mail App.........?

thelighthouseguy

Reaction score
Love my Droid, HATE the e-mail application. Gmail in general is awkward, and despite my settings, Yahoo updates sporadically at best, and sometimes not for hours.... Is anyone aware of a better e-mail app or process for integrating Yahoo e-mail? I use Yahoo Plus... Thanks!

OP
thelighthouseguy

thelighthouseguy

Reaction score
Update

Has anyone had luck setting Gmail to "pull" email from a Yahoo account into Gmail, to then be synched with the Droid OTA in a push fashion?

OP
thelighthouseguy

thelighthouseguy

Reaction score
Solution

After trying virtually every method of utilizing the native email client, with forwarding from Yahoo to Gmail, all the tips, tricks, etc... users had listed, I found the answer. It is the K-9 app in the Google Market. Closest thing to a Blackberry experience. It's a shame that for all it seems to have a grip on, Google remains clueless in the realm of email- both for this phone, and its internet accounts.... I'm honestly shocked- You can't even sort emails! If anyone reads this- download K-9. I have been happy with it.

S281

Reaction score
K-9 doesn't work very well with yahoo mail For me. Its just as sporadic as the Droid email app was. Its really starting to piss me off now. Yahoo says its a prob with Droid & not their end.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
It may not be just Yahoo that takes awhile to sync. Lately I've been getting slow email notifications in the gmail app where I have 3 accounts forwarded. It may be the communication between the phone and gmail. I would have to test this using the gmail web app on a PC. Could be a lag in OTA on the phone.

S281

Reaction score
Yeah I'm noticing probs with email accounts that are fwd to Gmail also. Getting really annoyed that Droid doesn't do email. Man I hope android 2.1 fixes this BS if it ever gets released