Best Workout Headphones/Earbuds

Five-0

Reaction score
Just like the title asks, what are the best wired and/or wireless headphones for someone that is exercising. Read sweating and moving around. I have done a search but most of the reviews I found are not for working out. The main purpose would be for running and gym workouts. I know there are guys on here that test out these types of accessories and I am looking for some good unbiased reviews and opinions. This is a purchase I would like make one time. Some things to consider:

1. Durability - Sweat nuff said.
2. Comfort - Going to be bouncing and moving around. Not all day but I would prefer to concentrate on the workout not the things on my ears.
3. Sound Quality - Listening to music, Cardo Trainer app, and taking calls.
4. Functionality - Changing songs, answering calls, adjusting volumes ect.
5. Price - I want to make this purchase once. You usually get what you pay for, but if the better product is cheaper, even better.

Many Thanks.

russdroid

Reaction score
Sennheisers are the only ones that will work for me. They wrap around the back of the head and never budge when running. Can be washed out as well.

Reaction score
I used to run on the treadmill with a Jabra Bluetooth set. It was great for use with my phone as I didn't have to worry about wires and I was able to talk if anyone ever called. The set I had came with multiple ear piece sizes so I didn't worry about it falling out. Only negative is that you'll only get it in one ear, but that didn't bother me much.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Sennheisers are the only ones that will work for me. They wrap around the back of the head and never budge when running. Can be washed out as well.

Have you ever tried the motorokr headset? The Sennheisers Adidas and the Motorokr's where the only two that came to mind once I read his requirements,but I've never used either set,so I didn't want to suggest them without having used them.

For a runner the most important part for starters is staying nice and snug on your ears.

OP
Five-0

Five-0

Reaction score
All these replies came after I made my purchase of the Motorola S305s. I made my decision based off other reviews on Amazon ect. I will be hitting the track tonight. It is 100 degrees right now so at 2300 when I run it will probably still be about 85 degrees. We will see if they pass the durability test real quick.

orangepeel

Reaction score
All these replies came after I made my purchase of the Motorola S305s. I made my decision based off other reviews on Amazon ect. I will be hitting the track tonight. It is 100 degrees right now so at 2300 when I run it will probably still be about 85 degrees. We will see if they pass the durability test real quick.

I think you made a good pick.Let us know how well they work out for you.

Yes,it is crazy hot.When I got off work it was 99 with a "feels like "104

methalaclark

Reaction score
Headphones are use for something hear from your phone or any other device. So that Sound quality is best important part when you select best headphones. Moreover I also see the cost of the headphones. If you want to use headphone during your work then better to take sony headphones.

OP
Five-0

Five-0

Reaction score
First run impressions:

Durability:
They survived. It was 80 degrees with God only knows how much humidity so I was sweating and it was sticking to me. If they make it through two weeks of this I say they are good to go.

Comfort:
I did not have to mess with them one time. This is a big deal to me. I have a hard time embracing the suck of running so messing with the headphones is one less worry.

Sound Quality:
Music and the cardio trainer app came through clear as a bell. Had anyone called they would have understood the cursing I would have given them with no problem.

Functionality:
No fault to the headphones but the interaction between double twist and the cardio trainer playing my songs was a problem at first. Once I got past that I could change songs and pause to check out the sounds around me just fine.

Price:
If these hold up to me sweating all over them they are a bargain. Let's give them two weeks of Alabamastan summertime with me wearing them while running and we shall see. So far so good.

J

Johnly

skull buds for working out (the 40 dollar kind).....skull candy (250.00) studio for being an audio phenotype....simple why not Google these things? jeez, as if there isn't enough clutter?

OP
Five-0

Five-0

Reaction score
why not Google these things? jeez, as if there isn't enough clutter?

Maybe because I wanted the opinions of people that are using the same phone I have and are doing the same things I am looking to do. Last I checked this is Droid specific forum with a Droid Accessory subforum. Logically this is why a posted a question about accessories for my Droid phone here. I posted my question after searching said forum and not finding what I was looking for. In closing:

wave-finger.gif

orangepeel

Reaction score
skull buds for working out (the 40 dollar kind).....skull candy (250.00) studio for being an audio phenotype....simple why not Google these things? jeez, as if there isn't enough clutter?

Like all that childish fanboi clutter in your signature? Chill out pokemon.

OP
Five-0

Five-0

Reaction score
The first week was capped with an 85 degree around 90% humidity run with no problems.

DanDroidX

Reaction score

Like all that childish fanboi clutter in your signature? Chill out pokemon.

Way to flame, I think the Mods stated recently that they are handing out 30 day bans for statements like yours.

OP
Five-0

Five-0

Reaction score
Rising above the scum on the pond, yet another good run tonight with more humidity and sweat. There is some skipping from time to time, but I think as my waist line lessens that will subside. Granted I think an armband type case would solve this, I'm too cheap to abandon my belt clip holster. Again the price of these headphones make up for the slight shortcoming.