Best way to uninstall apps?

Orionalias

Reaction score
So I came across something that said it's better to uninstall apps through the market than through phone settings...is this true? Does doing it via the market allow for something that the other way doesn't?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
When you uninstall through the market, it gives you the option to say why you are uninstalling the app. I just use Uninstaller app because its fast and easy to use.

Play a jam!

Reaction score
Another way to uninstall is if you're using adw launcher. Ask you need to do is hold it over the trash for like five seconds then drop after it says uninstall

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I came across something that said it's better to uninstall apps through the market than through phone settings...is this true? Does doing it via the market allow for something that the other way doesn't?

It is a matter of preference, some people use Uninstaller apps, some uninstall from their launchers. There is no better way to uninstall apps.

Personally, I uninstall apps from the phone settings. It is consistent and quick enough for me. I don't see a need to have an Uninstaller app that takes up phone storage.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't see a need to have an Uninstaller app that takes up phone storage.

I don't really see how <1 MB is "taking up phone storage," especially for the convenience and efficiency it brings. Doesn't hog memory at all, and its much quicker and easier than uninstalling through settings or the market. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. Trust me, I tested many methods several times, and the uninstaller option was much quicker and involved less clicks to uninstall an app.

But, I guess you can just try any method and see which one you like best.

Play a jam!

Reaction score
I don't see a need to have an Uninstaller app that takes up phone storage.

I don't really see how <1 MB is "taking up phone storage," especially for the convenience and efficiency it brings. Doesn't hog memory at all, and its much quicker and easier than uninstalling through settings or the market. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. Trust me, I tested many methods several times, and the uninstaller option was much quicker and involved less clicks to uninstall an app.

But, I guess you can just try any method and see which one you like best.

Play a jam!

I second that haha, that's not much memory at all

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App