Best way to BUY apps in EUROS? -- (where is the sign for this on the kb...?)

Rique

Reaction score
Hi,

I use my Ame Express for everything online (very happy with it). I wanted to buy and APP priced in Euros but my card was "not valid" or something. The developer suggested something with PayPal (which I don't like), but is this the only choice?

What then is the next option / best (most secured) way of doing this?

DavePDX

Reaction score
I wasn't able to use AMEX either for the foreign currency purchases. I used the Visa rebate card sent to me by Verizon for my Droid for my google checkout purchases.

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
I wasn't able to use AMEX either for the foreign currency purchases. I used the Visa rebate card sent to me by Verizon for my Droid for my google checkout purchases.

hmmm.... interesting, all the deals Verizon comes up with. I bought mine at Costco last week... No credit cards though :)

I'll be interesting to see how others do these purchases... Probably PayPal. I don't really know why I never liked this Co, but they are still around... So maybe they are not so bad. We'll see.

TIA.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Visa debit card off your checking account? Most of them work, unless you're with Podunk Savings and Trust.

DavePDX

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the option of a pre-paid Visa/MC credit card from other sources. The Verizon rebate card was part of the "new every 2" years promotion that they have.

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
Visa debit card off your checking account? Most of them work, unless you're with Podunk Savings and Trust.

Hello,

Yes I have a debit / credit card I could use... It's just I'm so PARANOID! :)... That I simply don't want any of my card numbers floating around in Europe...

What about PAY PAL?... does that work? I believe this is the less expensive option for the developers...

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the option of a pre-paid Visa/MC credit card from other sources. The Verizon rebate card was part of the "new every 2" years promotion that they have.

Got you. Thx

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Hello,

Yes I have a debit / credit card I could use... It's just I'm so PARANOID! :)... That I simply don't want any of my card numbers floating around in Europe...

What about PAY PAL?... does that work? I believe this is the less expensive option for the developers...

If you have a Paypal Debit card then Yes.....Even the rechargeable visa cards from walmart work.

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
Visa debit card off your checking account?

.....Even the rechargeable visa cards from walmart work.

Hi, now... this is an interesting idea... get debit card, put just the $ needed or close to it and use it to pay in Euros (the conversion, that is).

But then again, isn't that what PayPal used to do? or IS?... I forgot about it, but I will check and let you guys know.

Thx

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
But then again, isn't that what PayPal used to do? or IS?... I forgot about it, but I will check and let you guys know.

Thx

Well, as a conclusion to this thread, I ended up opening a PAYPAL account tied to my Credit Card. So the credit card is never seen in the transactions. There is not even a PayPal account number per se, so no one can steal it.

You basically enter the Amount, email address of the person you are paying to (who must have a PP account as well) and a Passcode... And that's it, the Credit Card is charged normally and then you get an email from PayPal for your records. I like it.

THE END :)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if you did use your CC, your transaction is still protected via your company. The great part about CC transactions is the safety you get with your bank.

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
Even if you did use your CC, your transaction is still protected via your company. The great part about CC transactions is the safety you get with your bank.

Oh yes... I love AmeEx for that reason. Sure most cards protect you, but AE is special... any little problem and they deal with the company directly. Love it.

But, in this case, for some reason, the system did not take my card... So the guy gave me his PP account and we did it.

Thx.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Do you get hit with those international currency rates when you use debit/credit cards in the app market or does google checkout charge you in dollars?

OP
Rique

Rique

Reaction score
Do you get hit with those international currency rates when you use debit/credit cards in the app market or does google checkout charge you in dollars?

Don't know that yet, even AExp has it as 2.99 Euro... but I'd like to see the final conversion to U.S $. I'll let you know.

Last edited: