Best app to improve picture quality?

shanimal92

Reaction score
My camera zoom app has a blueish tint

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Vakharn

Reaction score
Here's a couple I took in bad light of a convenient subject (my girlfriend's cat). Neither is great but you can see a definite improvement in the sharpness of the carpet with the ZOOM EX camera. The cat is not a great subject because he's so dark in a dark environment.

Default Camera App:
View attachment 45154

ZOOM EX:
View attachment 45155

Incidentally this website sucks when it comes to trying to upload pictures directly from my phone. I eventually had to upload them to another site and use the URL instead because I simply couldn't get it to work through droid forums. Seems like a pretty big god damn flaw for an android phone website that the upload feature doesn't work from android phones.

Edit: Also, white balance is set to incandescent for both, and focus was done by manually clicking on the cat in the default app rather than trusting it's autofocus. Stabilizer mode with medium sensitivity and 1/2 second time was used on Zoom ex. I will upload a couple photos in good light tomorrow (provided I get any, it's been rainy).

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I didn't have any time.. I just snapped with both apps. Would have been better if I had time to focus.

shanimal92

Reaction score
Hdr camera+ is pretty good. The only "bad" thing is it takes three pictures and combines them. I don't know how to make it only take one. I guess good for family photos that you want to look nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

steeleshark2

Reaction score
Her is your stock camera pic with just a quick touch View attachment 45201up!!

Here's a couple I took in bad light of a convenient subject (my girlfriend's cat). Neither is great but you can see a definite improvement in the sharpness of the carpet with the ZOOM EX camera. The cat is not a great subject because he's so dark in a dark environment.

Default Camera App:
View attachment 45154

ZOOM EX:
View attachment 45155

Incidentally this website sucks when it comes to trying to upload pictures directly from my phone. I eventually had to upload them to another site and use the URL instead because I simply couldn't get it to work through droid forums. Seems like a pretty big god damn flaw for an android phone website that the upload feature doesn't work from android phones.

Edit: Also, white balance is set to incandescent for both, and focus was done by manually clicking on the cat in the default app rather than trusting it's autofocus. Stabilizer mode with medium sensitivity and 1/2 second time was used on Zoom ex. I will upload a couple photos in good light tomorrow (provided I get any, it's been rainy).

tbever

Reaction score

Default Camera App:
View attachment 45154

ZOOM EX:
View attachment 45155

That cat hates you. You can tell. Be afraid.