Battery x2 cyanogenmod7

Gonzo79

Reaction score
I'm eunnin cm7 and battery life has been good but just today its runnin down fast and same use as always. I didn't make any changes so if any one has any ideas. I have even. Been shuting off my wifi witch I usely don't. I did download a anti virues app but that shouldn't run my batt life down like this.

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Get rid of the anti virus program, it isn't necessary. See if that helps your battery life. I'be noticed a detonate increase in battery drain too with CM7 and an extended battery, but its probably because its still a beta program and needs more work on the battery life aspect.

Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

OP
Gonzo79

Gonzo79

Reaction score
Yah for sure i did some diggn and un instaling and got it to average drain s reen is all tha way down and lots of others but thanx for replie.

Sent from my MB870 using DroidForums

Gblake13

Reaction score
Get rid of the anti virus program, it isn't necessary. See if that helps your battery life. I'be noticed a detonate increase in battery drain too with CM7 and an extended battery, but its probably because its still a beta program and needs more work on the battery life aspect.

Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

Why do you say the anti virus is unnecessary?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

t1.8matt

Reaction score
From what I've seen, and what Google has implemented, not many viruses make it onto our OS platforms. The only way I see possibly getting anything that could compromise the private data of your phone is if a sideloaded app that you would download would be infected.

Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

Gblake13

Reaction score
I was told there were a few viruses for our phones. Wouldn't it just have to be a Linux virus anyways?

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I'm not sure. It seems like way more phones over seas are getting hit with viruses than phones in the U.S.

Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

Gblake13

Reaction score
I was just going by hear say on the viruses. A friend of mine reads alot of news posts. I know android is programmed in Linux though.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I've noticed a fairly large difference in battery life on cm7 in the negative. Today I just noticed that when I plugged in my phone to the outlet, it jumped from 75% to 100% in less than 2 minutes.

I did do a battery callibration twice since I installed cm7... but battery life still sucks compared to the stock. I'll generally loose 20% in less than an hour with mild to no use. However, it's not enough for me to switch back to stock. :)

Droid X2 CM7