Battery Usage

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
So ive had the Pro for a couple months now. I rooted it and got titanium backup pro and froze all the clutter. That was back when i got the phone. Well my battery was lasting quite a while, i would take it off the charger at 7am and not put it back on until 9pm and the battery would only be down to 30-40%, and that was when i was doing everything i wanted to in a day. Well just about a week ago the battery charge length has really gone downhill, i havent done anything different, i havent installed anything new, i havent messed with anything. I dont use the GPS or the Wifi. Is there something i can get and run on it that shows me if a app is killing the battery, or just to test the battery?

Is the battery just taking a dump? If it is its a company phone so i can just tell them that i need a new battery.

Astaroth

Reaction score
have you recently started going to a place with poor signal? if the radio keeps dropping its connection to a tower and has to search and reconnect all the time, that can really kill the battery very quickly. i was at a conference recently where the reception was bad and for both me and my buddy our battery life went from 18+ hours down to 7 or 8 hours because of this.

OP
X

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
No, Im at my house, and then go to work, same as i have done every day since i got the phone. I have noticed that reception around my house has really sucked lately. Ive updated my roaming a couple times.

OP
X

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
Whats the difference between CDMA and Global network, i heard that the phone works better in CDMA, and i changed it a while back but just saw that it as back to global so i changed it to CDMA again.

StingRay

Reaction score
Switching back to CDMA should improve your battery some...doubt that is the only thing causing the difference though...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Astaroth

Reaction score
Hm yeah I've noticed recently that my network selection setting will switch itself back to Global on occasion and that will make my battery life go down dramatically. You definitely want to be on CDMA only whenever you don't intend to roam on GSM networks, Global is a huge drain on the battery (and it baffles me as to why it is enabled by default).