Battery problems?

k1601

Reaction score
Yesterday my phone was having trouble charging with the wall pluggin. I Chalked it up to not being plugged in quite right (which may still have been the case) and eventually got it charging.
Last night I put it on my tylt wireless charger,and it appeard to charge just fine.
I'm already down to 45% battery for the day, and I would typically have 70-80% left pretty easily right now.
uploadfromtaptalk1456765134314.png
uploadfromtaptalk1456765140987.png

Here is the usage graphs. The phone has been awake this entire time. Most of the screen on has been playing a few minutes of games, and nearly the rest has been Tapatalk usage.
Any idea what this crazy drain could be from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1456765312053.png

Here is the rest of the usage

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Have you rebooted lately.?

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Hmm restarting seemed to help along with a recharge. I'll see how it does tomorrow

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Cloud has been a real problem on both my turbo and my wife's Moto X over the past couple of weeks. It's been fine until now. May be an update that made it wonky. It would jump to the top of battery usage which doesn't seem to be your problem, but it would keep my phone awake a lot as well. I cleared data and cache, uninstalled updates, rebooted phone many times and it seemed to help for a day or two, but would always resurface as a problem. I finally disabled it and I'm back to normal. If a reboot doesn't solve the problem, look at Cloud as the possible source.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Cloud has been a real problem on both my turbo and my wife's Moto X over the past couple of weeks. It's been fine until now. May be an update that made it wonky. It would jump to the top of battery usage which doesn't seem to be your problem, but it would keep my phone awake a lot as well. I cleared data and cache, uninstalled updates, rebooted phone many times and it seemed to help for a day or two, but would always resurface as a problem. I finally disabled it and I'm back to normal. If a reboot doesn't solve the problem, look at Cloud as the possible source.
I actually did go ahead and disable cloud. It had 15 minutes of keep awake time in about an hour and a half. I don't use it anyway.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hope it helps. Like I said, I think a recent update made it go crazy. I set it up about a year ago and forgot about it and it was never a problem until about a week or two ago. I thought it was just my phone until my wife said "You've gotta fix my phone battery". Sure enough, it was Cloud causing the problem as well.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Hope it helps. Like I said, I think a recent update made it go crazy. I set it up about a year ago and forgot about it and it was never a problem until about a week or two ago. I thought it was just my phone until my wife said "You've gotta fix my phone battery". Sure enough, it was Cloud causing the problem as well.
What do you use to bank up your phone now? I think almost everything is backed up on Google but is it possible to create a system image of sorts?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Like you said, I think everything is backed up in Google that I need. You do have to make sure it's set to back up photos though. I wouldn't even know what a system image is or how to use it if I had it. Sorry.