Battery life?

Creed

Reaction score
This is my best :) Franco.kernel on the turtle governor and the best from ever: RootzBoat.

(Regular battery.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Idk how you guys are getting 3.5 hours of screen time. My magic number seems to be 2-2.5 hours depending on the type of use.

I can't wait for the update. I'm hoping it improves speaker volume, battery and some minor glitches.

marvinrd

Reaction score
I have had my phone for three days and get about six hours of battery life without using it. My cell standby is at 66%, what can I do to lessen that amount. I have tried battery pull & sim card removal and also tried system reset.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Idk how you guys are getting 3.5 hours of screen time. My magic number seems to be 2-2.5 hours depending on the type of use.

I can't wait for the update. I'm hoping it improves speaker volume, battery and some minor glitches.
speaker volume... Somewhat. Battery... Not really. Minor glitches... Oh yes!

I have had my phone for three days and get about six hours of battery life without using it. My cell standby is at 66%, what can I do to lessen that amount. I have tried battery pull & sim card removal and also tried system reset.
How much screen time do you get? Because idle it should last longer, yet if you have 3-4 hours screen time, that's normal.

alboboy10

Reaction score
speaker volume... Somewhat. Battery... Not really. Minor glitches... Oh yes!

How much screen time do you get? Because idle it should last longer, yet if you have 3-4 hours screen time, that's normal.

Are you saying these are things you don't have a problem with or that these are things that will not be improved.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'm saying that's what update fixes. i've been using 4.0.4 since it was leaked and it's a good update, but not a magic fix all.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Was concerned about short battery life as I am on internet 10 to 11 hours per day. Instead of continually worrying about it I just bought an external charger and rotate 4 batteries during the day. I can change out the battery in 30 seconds. Trust me, makes more sense than constantly worrying about this particular phone limitation.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Addendum to Prior Post--
Why worry about running your screen at 30% power or agonizing over what apps you can run? That's no way to go through life or enjoy your expensive toy. Invest in few more batteries and enjoy all of your phone's features.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
that doesn't say much as you haven't used your phone. try turning it on and let screen use 60-70% of battery.