1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery lasting unusually long

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by nyyanx18, Sep 2, 2011.

1. nyyanx18

nyyanx18 New Member

I recently reset my Droid2 to factory settings because I was having all different kinds of problems (3g and wifi often stalling, battery lasting only a few hours, etc). It now seems to be working better. I have noticed that the battery was lasting a bit longer than it was...until last night/today. I am currently going on about 36 hours on the same charge, and I'm still in the green around 50%. It was unplugged Wednesday night around 11pm, it is now Friday 1230pm. My usage was maybe a little less than normal, but still had data sync on, and was texting and using gps and maps for directions. Also was playing scrabble a bit, which usually uses up a lot of battery since the screen stays on.
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, but what the heck is going on?!
  2. Fokkerdmr

Fokkerdmr New Member

I'm having the same "problem" on my Droid X. While I used to get around 8 hours life on stock battery before needing to recharge, the .602 update, a root "one click root" and use of Juice Defender has left me with 30% battery left after 1d 3h 51m since last charge. Email sync is set to 4 hours. That was unheard of - even with my 3500maH jumbo battery...
  3. nyyanx18

nyyanx18 New Member

The battery manage is saying it's only been 14 hours since unplugged, but i am fairly certain it was not plugged in at all yesterday, making it closer to 38 hours now. Maybe the phone rebooted itself (which it was known to do often pre-resetting, and once or twice after), which I believe resets that timer.

I also have not rooted it; its basically all stock from verizon, plus advanced task killer set to kill on screen off.
Search tags for this page

droid dna got hot battery not lasting