Battery Issues

hardcore9ers

Reaction score
Today with in an 8 hour period I have had to charge my phone twice. I havent been doing anything that requires to much battery, a few short phone calls, texting, and about 30mins of music. But after 4hrs my phone is dead. Once I plug it in it jumps right to 60% once it was fully charged I was went off to watch the BCS game by the time the game was over the phone was at 5% again.

Does anyone have this problem or know why? This is my second droid, Ive used it since day one and this is the first time ive had a problem with it other then a lose screen. Any help would be awesome.

Thank you.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you look at your battery stats, what are the top items?

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
If there is no obvious app or background activity at fault, try this.

The phone can get confused about how much charge is left in the battery if it hasn't been fully discharged for a long period of time. The cure is simple. Let the phone run until it automatically shuts itself down for low battery. Then put it on the charge and leave it there until it is fully charged. If it says fully charged before you expect, leave it until it's been there however long the manual says it takes for a full charge.

And if neither of those work you could be looking a battery going bad. It happens.

OP
H

hardcore9ers

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I tried pulling the battery, resting the phone none of that worked. But I'm not having the problem anymore seemed to fix its self after leaving it on the charger for a full night.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Welcome to the modern tech's nightmare. It's broke, oops fixed, no broke, or not, or. . .

Glad it fixed itself. Hope it stays that way.

black_rain™

Reaction score
yea i'm having the same issue on my Droid ... i'll try this method later when i get home from work ...