Battery issue.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently got a rayovac extended battery for my bionic. Issue is that it won't charge all the way over night. The first night it charged to 15% and I had to plug it in that day to keep it alive. The second night I used a new outlet and it only went up to 40%. So luckily I was awake around 4 and checked it and just unplugged it then replugged it in. And then when I wake back up at 6. Its only at 60%. What is happening??

Reaction score
I have the moto extended battery, when it's under 20%, it will take much much longer to charge, I suggest using an outlet and the Bionic's usb cable. I tried charging via computer, didn't charge, tried with a normal usb cable, no go, I think moto's cable transfers more power somehow. After about 50%, it should charge much faster.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the thing. It stops like at a certain percentage and wont go any higher unless I unplug then replug it

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That's odd. I didn't even know rayovac made cell phone batteries. Maybe your phone isn't displaying the proper amount since it's an AM Extended battery. Do you have an external charger that it will fit into? Or an extra Bionic that you could leave plugged up for a while?

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
That's odd. I didn't even know rayovac made cell phone batteries. Maybe your phone isn't displaying the proper amount since it's an AM Extended battery. Do you have an external charger that it will fit into? Or an extra Bionic that you could leave plugged up for a while?

No I do not.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No I do not.

When are you off next? I would use your regular battery until your next off day, if it's still good. Then early that morning, or before you go to bed after work, put the Ext. Bat. in and charge it with the phone turned off. Let it sit for a while if it hits 100%. Kinda like Fox suggests when calibrating a battery.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, it depends. Moto's software might limit the charging range on it, your phone might not properly recognie your battery, or you have a defective battery. All I can suggest is to take it one step at a time. Unless FoxKat sees this thread and steps in to point you in a better direction. I'll shoot this thread his way and let him help you. But I'm sure he won't be able to reply til later tomorrow.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
You may need to clear the battery stats file and let it generate a new one.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would it help if I drained it till it died then just charge it too 100% while it's off?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
DevilDogMP said:
And how do I do that?

You have to be rooted to do it.

Download a battery calibration app from the market and run it and it will delete your battery stats file allowing you to recalibrate to your new battery. Then let it drain until you get the notification to plug in your phone, turn it off and charge it to 100% uninterrupted. Your phone will be calibrated entirely to your new battery with no leftover information from your old battery skewing measurements.