battery drain

jediman

Reaction score
Battery drain on this rom seems a bit bad.
After a few simple tasks its down 5 percent or more where as on stock its stable and takes a lot to get down the same amount. While typing out this message I've already gone down from 99 to 94 percent. Only been off the charger a few minutes from. A full charge.

Will try wiping the battery cache...

matthskim

Reaction score
I had the same issue and moved back to SD3. No problem with SD3. When my phone is screened off, it uses only 1-2% for 8-9 hours. This is awesome.

Out of my curiosity, do you have to fully discharge after wiping battery stats after full charge? Battery calibration says full discharge is not necessarily needed but some other posts say full discharge is needed.

Thanks.

OP
J

jediman

Reaction score
Wiping battery cache and dalvik helped but this rom seems to be plauged with bugs from the commercial release versio of the d3 sadly.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you care to elaborate on what those bugs might be???

The only ones I was aware of was addressed in an update today..

OP
J

jediman

Reaction score
you care to elaborate on what those bugs might be???

The only ones I was aware of was addressed in an update today..

Yes, the original stock version had massive battery drain. Due mainly to standby issues.
same thing I saw in the initial liberty release.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, the original stock version had massive battery drain. Due mainly to standby issues.
same thing I saw in the initial liberty release.

Cell standby battery drain would be cause by the modem not the system files.. So if you updated your modem files via SBF or OTA nothing should have changed.. This builds system files are based on the 890 build... My guess is you didn't calibrate your battery.

I also find it a far stretch to say that a battery issue you had constitutes saying the ROM is plagued with bugs!

pitecus

Reaction score
The default setting of mobile networks is set to Global, not CDMA.
Could this be an issue I guess.
I changed this to CDMA and waiting for update.
I hope this is the root cause.

BTW, I am in CA, US.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Based on everything I've read, leaving it on global is a source of major battery drain. I changed mine immediately and was way better off than my wife. We changed hers and she hasn't had any issues.

bgarlock

Reaction score
My battery life has been stellar! I did tweak the WiFi scan to 300s though. I always keep mine on CDMA (Was the first thing I did when I got the phone on day one - it never made sense why I would want it looking for GSM towers, if I'm in the US, and my SIM card isn't "active"). Anyway, the only thing I miss from Stock is the "Battery/Data" settings, which had an option to enable Roaming Data. Although Roaming Data is a battery drainer, when I shop in the state to the North of me (NH), I'm roaming :-(

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
I've been having this problem too, will try changing it from CDMA and will post update later. On the default settings I dropped 5% in 15 minutes not doing a whole lot. Cell standby was one of the top users. Definitely reminds me of the Droid 3's firmware when it first came out. This and the market problem are why I switched to SD (which was slower and the camera sucked). Hopefully turning off the GSM radio will work.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
No, it definitely did not help. Cell Standby is the top battery user and I've dropped 10% in 30 minutes. I am on Wifi (which is using an almost equal amount of power). This is exactly the same problem I had on the original firmware.

Edit: Update - Yeah, cell standby is using up a crazy amount of power even with GSM off. Not sure why this is happening. Flashing back to SD for now but I'll try to help figure out what's going on with this later.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
This is still a problem in Liberty 2. It was a problem in 1.2 as well. Cell standby is chewing up a TON of battery just like in the original firmware. Not sure why this is happening but I really like this ROM and I'd really like to see this get fixed. Again happy to help if I can.

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same drain. Try out speedy v7. Made it quite a bit better actually. Still not near as good as SD2 battery life but I can make it through a day with moderate use.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bgarlock

Reaction score
I wonder if my battery life has been good because I also froze "Global Phone and Auto Network Switch". Basically, anything I could do to turn off Global related options is OFF or frozen.

I was in a roaming area today, and other than not getting roaming data ( which seems to be an issue with Liberty ROMs for some reason ). I see no ill effects. I just get decent battery life. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

CaseyTheRadioGuy

Reaction score
The Battery drain in this Rom to me is great! The "stock" Steel droid only lasted me a 1/3 a day with full use. This Liberty Rom "stock" gave me very close to 2.5/3 of a day of full use.dancedroid