1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery drain

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D3' started by jediman, Oct 29, 2011.

1. jediman

jediman New Member

Battery drain on this rom seems a bit bad.
    After a few simple tasks its down 5 percent or more where as on stock its stable and takes a lot to get down the same amount. While typing out this message I've already gone down from 99 to 94 percent. Only been off the charger a few minutes from. A full charge.

Will try wiping the battery cache...
  2. matthskim

matthskim New Member

I had the same issue and moved back to SD3. No problem with SD3. When my phone is screened off, it uses only 1-2% for 8-9 hours. This is awesome.

Out of my curiosity, do you have to fully discharge after wiping battery stats after full charge? Battery calibration says full discharge is not necessarily needed but some other posts say full discharge is needed.

Thanks.
  3. jediman

jediman New Member

Wiping battery cache and dalvik helped but this rom seems to be plauged with bugs from the commercial release versio of the d3 sadly.
  4. kejar31

kejar31 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

you care to elaborate on what those bugs might be???

The only ones I was aware of was addressed in an update today..
  5. jediman

jediman New Member

Yes, the original stock version had massive battery drain. Due mainly to standby issues.
    same thing I saw in the initial liberty release.
  6. kejar31

kejar31 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Cell standby battery drain would be cause by the modem not the system files.. So if you updated your modem files via SBF or OTA nothing should have changed.. This builds system files are based on the 890 build... My guess is you didn't calibrate your battery.

I also find it a far stretch to say that a battery issue you had constitutes saying the ROM is plagued with bugs!
  7. pitecus

pitecus New Member

The default setting of mobile networks is set to Global, not CDMA.
    Could this be an issue I guess.
    I changed this to CDMA and waiting for update.
    I hope this is the root cause.

BTW, I am in CA, US.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Based on everything I've read, leaving it on global is a source of major battery drain. I changed mine immediately and was way better off than my wife. We changed hers and she hasn't had any issues.
  9. bgarlock

bgarlock Member

My battery life has been stellar! I did tweak the WiFi scan to 300s though. I always keep mine on CDMA (Was the first thing I did when I got the phone on day one - it never made sense why I would want it looking for GSM towers, if I'm in the US, and my SIM card isn't "active"). Anyway, the only thing I miss from Stock is the "Battery/Data" settings, which had an option to enable Roaming Data. Although Roaming Data is a battery drainer, when I shop in the state to the North of me (NH), I'm roaming :-(
  10. ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName New Member

I've been having this problem too, will try changing it from CDMA and will post update later. On the default settings I dropped 5% in 15 minutes not doing a whole lot. Cell standby was one of the top users. Definitely reminds me of the Droid 3's firmware when it first came out. This and the market problem are why I switched to SD (which was slower and the camera sucked). Hopefully turning off the GSM radio will work.
  11. ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName New Member

No, it definitely did not help. Cell Standby is the top battery user and I've dropped 10% in 30 minutes. I am on Wifi (which is using an almost equal amount of power). This is exactly the same problem I had on the original firmware.

Edit: Update - Yeah, cell standby is using up a crazy amount of power even with GSM off. Not sure why this is happening. Flashing back to SD for now but I'll try to help figure out what's going on with this later.
  12. ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName New Member

This is still a problem in Liberty 2. It was a problem in 1.2 as well. Cell standby is chewing up a TON of battery just like in the original firmware. Not sure why this is happening but I really like this ROM and I'd really like to see this get fixed. Again happy to help if I can.
  13. BusinessTroll

BusinessTroll New Member

I'm experiencing the same drain. Try out speedy v7. Made it quite a bit better actually. Still not near as good as SD2 battery life but I can make it through a day with moderate use.

14. bgarlock

bgarlock Member

I wonder if my battery life has been good because I also froze "Global Phone and Auto Network Switch". Basically, anything I could do to turn off Global related options is OFF or frozen.

I was in a roaming area today, and other than not getting roaming data ( which seems to be an issue with Liberty ROMs for some reason ). I see no ill effects. I just get decent battery life. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  15. CaseyTheRadioGuy

CaseyTheRadioGuy New Member

The Battery drain in this Rom to me is great! The "stock" Steel droid only lasted me a 1/3 a day with full use. This Liberty Rom "stock" gave me very close to 2.5/3 of a day of full use.dancedroid
  16. trebor_edwards

trebor_edwards New Member

Tried liberty, loved it, first day battery about normal. Second day full charge at 9 pm dead at 7am! Was using SD3 getting up to 32 hours with moderate use. Did the battery cache and dalvonik wipe prior to installation, as I did with the other roms I've installed. Any suggestions?
  17. krazyace38

krazyace38 Beta Team

I had the same problem with battery drain until I googled the problem and found out that I needed to calibrate my battery after flashing a rom. Battery calibrator from market was recommended so i downloaded it and followed the directions; problem solved!

18. trebor_edwards

trebor_edwards New Member

I used the battery calibrator that was on the top free apps in market the day that the phone died on me.
  19. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

ALSO. Update your prl. *228 option 1 then do it again and choose option 2. Charge battery to full, wipe battery stats located in data/system also in /data. Keep it on the charger for 15-20 minutes longer. Reboot with it plugged in, after it hits the boot animation and vibrates unplug your charger and let it completely die. Recharge to 100% and leave on the charger for an extra 15-20 again. Should fix any battery drain issues. If it doesnt, then you are probably getting bad signal and its constantly switching towers causing it to use more battery.
  20. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Go here and read this post. Since Liberty was originally designed for the Bionic and then ported to the D3, this may explain a lot of what your are seeing.
Search tags for this page
battery drain
cell standby draining battery stratosphere
determine power drain on samsung stratosphere
how do i calibrate my samsung stratosphere
samsung stratosphere 2 battery drain

samsung stratosphere battery drain

samsung stratosphere battery drain searching
samsung stratosphere battery drain while phone is powered of
samsung stratosphere battery drains when off
samsung stratosphere battery use

samsung stratosphere cell standby