Battery dies quickly

Tiger_Lily

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Ok, so I was wanting to know what a sticky notification was. So when I searched, I came accross your site. Amd I thought maybe yall will be able to help me with the things I need to learn. Anyway while reading the answers, I saw that someone said if you have a lot of apps locked into your memory it could kill your battery quickly, or so I believe. So how so I know if & what is locked iny memory? And how do i lock or unlock these apps?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There are so many factors that go into battery life it can be quite difficult to pinpoint.

Signal: Do you frequent areas where signal is weak. If your phone is constantly trying to maintain a stable connection, switching between 3g and 4g, it will affect battery life tremendously. This is one of the huge battery killers.

In terms of apps: do you have any that refresh in the background? If they're on intervals, I would personally extending the interval or even turning background refreshing altogether.

Other settings: Do you have Bluetooth or GPS on? It can be helpful to turn these settings off and other settings such as "Google location history".

A good way to tell if it is an app is to download a battery monitor such as Gsam battery monitor. This app is great and will let you know app by app which one is using up the most battery. I would probably start here and work from there to see if it's an app that's draining your battery.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was wanting to know what a sticky notification was. So when I searched, I came accross your site. Amd I thought maybe yall will be able to help me with the things I need to learn. Anyway while reading the answers, I saw that someone said if you have a lot of apps locked into your memory it could kill your battery quickly, or so I believe. So how so I know if & what is locked iny memory? And how do i lock or unlock these apps?
If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is no. With Android apps will be active in ram but inactive in cpu usage which is called background, thus using no battery. Apps that are sniffing for syncs, such as weather, social media, etc will jump back and forth between background and the foreground using cpu when in the foreground, thus using battery at preset intervals. If ones such as social media are set for "push" notifications they'll use cpu (battery) on a constant interval. Using a task killer or app closer will actually use more battery as it will close the apps then the operating system opens them back up to put in the background, using cpu to close (kill) them then open them back up.
Some common suggestions to conserve battery, or minimize waste, are screen settings (set to lowest easy to use level) , if it's a phone with an amoled screen use as much dark as possible for wallpapers, apps and other services. Amoled powers each pixel and a black pixel uses 0 battery,a white pixel uses the most, with colors in between lowering in battery usage as they get darker. Don't use live (moving) wallpapers as they often use battery even when the phone is asleep.
Turn off any radios you don't use, be it Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS or carrier data network.
Set any syncs to as long as practical between syncs , am example being if you don't need your weather to refresh every hour set it to a longer time between syncs.
There are other ways to save battery on our devices bit some such as cellular signal strength are out of our control and could also be a battery vampire.
Hope that helps and welcome to the forum.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><