Battery charging light?

droidphreak

Reaction score
Question. Im a new Droid X owner *yay!* My question is when charging my old phone had a little red light that would turn green when charged. I dont see a charging light on the X. I hit the button and see the green battery tank thing, but im looking to know if there is a charging light that I dont see. Am I missing something with the charging light?

Thanks

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Phone only has a charge light when its turned off (green led). When its on and charging you have to look at the battery indicator.

OP
droidphreak

droidphreak

Reaction score
Phone only has a charge light when its turned off (green led). When its on and charging you have to look at the battery indicator.

Ok so here is what happens to me... I let my phone's battery die last night (fully off). I plugged it in and I get a short green led flash then the Motorola "M" appears like the phone is booting. Then it goes dark. I hit the power button (not turning it on) and it displays the large battery icon charging. I dont get any green led up in the left corner indicating its on charge. Is this normal? I was expecting some kind of external light showing me when its charging.

dkst0426

Reaction score
I haven't seen an external light to indicate it's charging, but when I tap on the power button, it shows me the large battery icon with the percentage of how much it's charged. As long as I see progress, that's good for me.

OP
droidphreak

droidphreak

Reaction score
Awesome thx. I was worried I was had a problem. Thanks for your reply!