Bad ESN what can be done

Snow02

Reaction score
If I was sold a phone that supposedly had a clean esn, and it wasn't, I would get my money back, or contact the police if the seller refused. I think it's a safe assumption most would do the same. The logical conclusion is that you stole/found the phone. Sorry. And you can't esn swap that phone.

OP
S

Streetglide

Reaction score
Called the guy no Answer & texted no responce ! tryed for days house he was on the porch of don't know of him ! I bet cops have the same luck Because I bet he dumped his T moible phone for sure !

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Called the guy no Answer & texted no responce ! tryed for days house he was on the porch of don't know of him ! I bet cops have the same luck Because I bet he dumped his T moible phone for sure !

Yeah sounds like he stole the phones and sold you one unfortunately

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

cubuff

Reaction score
Could buy a global unlock code off ebay and see if it unlocks the sim. If it does you can sell it on ebay as a unlocked bad esn phone for use in europe. Pry make money on the deal if that works. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
And this is why you check an id and get a bill of sale for phones purchased on CL. Stupid not to. And if they aren't cool with that, you just don't buy.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
And this is why you check an id and get a bill of sale for phones purchased on CL. Stupid not to. And if they aren't cool with that, you just don't buy.

Yea I sold my clnr droid 2 on craiglist. The lady was a bit skeptical it was legit so I showed her the receipt and matched the esn on it.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

wildride89

Reaction score
I just wait with whoever I buy the phone and call verizon and if they will let me activate I buy the phone, if not, I send the person packing. People around here are always trying to get over on each other around here.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Nerofmx

Reaction score
Haha, bought a "Brand New" Droid 3 for $160, expecting no problems. FAIL.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Found a T-bolt once. Called a high ranking friend in vw, basically she said nothing more to do but turn in to vw and they can contact original owner.
That is IF it was reported lost or stolen..

Bumber..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I just bought a t-bolt from cl and in order to not get screwed I met the guy at a Verizon store to make sure it was clear, did the same thing when I sold my d2.

Moral of the story, don't meet a shady guy on a porch and always verify esn#'s before you buy...

Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back its still a bit fuzzy...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
S

Streetglide

Reaction score
Yep should have went to the store & met Him but you know how sometimes you trust a person & shouldn't ? has happend to everyone at least once !

OP
S

Streetglide

Reaction score
Haha, bought a "Brand New" Droid 3 for $160, expecting no problems. FAIL.
not always story went like got it as a pesent & don't want $100 month bill so grandmother said sell it ! It* happens !!!!!!!!!!!