Bad battery life with CM7

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
I am running CM7 on a D2 and i am experiencing pretty short battery life. I went from Liberty 2.0 rom on froyo last week, and upgraded to GB and flashed CM7.

I have barely used it much today for example. Took it off the charger at 6:30am have done nothing more than sent a few texts and browsed a website for about 10 mins. It is 10:30 and i am already at 70%

I did a proper battery stat reset this past weekend also.

(i have also been getting a lot of random force closes)

screenshot1317220359827.png

screenshot1317218768877.png

everything else is under 8%, Android OS and System at 2%

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I too am failing to get the 10+ hours of battery life that everyone else is bragging about. I've tried just about every batery-saving mod and trick imaginable, but to no avail.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

loki993

Reaction score
Yeah mines been bad ever since I changed over to cm7. The battery patch on froyo did nothing, going to GB did nothing and jakebits mods did nothing. In fact I'm considering going back to the froyo build because I've had some problems with the gb build I never had with froyo. It would be worth it if I got the battery improvements that everyone else said they got but I didn't.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Poor battery life is just the way it is with CM7. Expecting any different is like trading in your Prius for a Hemi and wondering why your fuel mileage went down:D Just the price you pay for performance!

Now crashes, glitches and the like are not normal. CM7 has proven to be very solid and stable for most.

bobstro

Reaction score
I suspect results depend on how you're using it. I recently decided to do some run-until-dead tests, and I've been pleased enough with CM7.1 running the nightlies. As of 93, there are some annoying problems with the camera, and versions prior to 90 don't seem to have full USB functionality. Other than that, though, they've worked well for me, and it sounds like the camera issue is under investigation.

For my testing, I didn't use the phone much. Pretty much just enabled wifi and let it sit idle for the most part. I did download a new ROM version, and did a quick call or two. I've gotten near 24 hours before the unit shuts off.

I did notice that the battery gauge really isn't accurate until I've done a few cycles. In my first test, I fired up some MP3s and found it ran for nearly 3 hours with the gauge indicating 1%. After running it down and a full charge, it died at just below 6%. These tests do take an annoyingly long time to complete (a good thing), so I only get to repeat them every few releases.

If you're feeling a tiny bit adventurous, I'd recommend giving the recent nightlies a try before abandoning CM altogether.

Here's an overview. Looks like ~3.5% hourly:
screenshot-1317299506508.png

Notice that I am not playing with the screen on. Leaving the bloody thing alone seems to help:
screenshot-1317299524117.png

This test means nothing other than indicating the idle-state consumption of the phone with this ROM. I did have wifi running, but didn't use it much otherwise:
screenshot-1317299534496.png

Notice that nasty little drop from ~30-15%. It seems to do that consistently. I'm aware of it now, but those could be a nasty surprise at the worst possible moment.

Does anybody know the battery calibration procedure referred to by Battery Monitor Widget Pro?

- Bob

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
Poor battery life is just the way it is with CM7. Expecting any different is like trading in your Prius for a Hemi and wondering why your fuel mileage went down:D Just the price you pay for performance!

Now crashes, glitches and the like are not normal. CM7 has proven to be very solid and stable for most.

I understand the extra performance, but for the performance i am getting i would expect more than 8 hours on an extended battery with all syncs/bt/wifi/gps off. Ill prolly go back to liberty for a while. sure the performance is a little bit less, but for twice as much battery life it was worth it.

Htown315

Reaction score
Something is wrong with your phone/battery. No way you should only get 8hrs unless you play on your phone constantly.

I am on my phone(calls) at work for almost seven straight hours and get more than 8 hours.