backups

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by nikolio, Apr 19, 2011.

1. nikolio

nikolio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im wondering if after i sbf my phone to get the stock apps needed to get an update(unless i can just install what im missing from the market?) i can go straight back to how it is now if i make a backup? i have a few backups made but rather than find out i cant maybe someone knows?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

2. chrisl20

chrisl20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may be wrong...but, I think that would defeat the purpose of getting the update, since a nandroid flash will take u back to exactly how u were before...the only time it HASN'T taken me exactly where I was, was when I tried flashing my stock nandroid over my fission setup...kept the boot logo and animation as it was on fission setup.. ..what update r you talking about? The grd team has a good slimmed stock rom that has the current update...and I think fission does too...and I've also read there is alot of err's on stock froyo that was updated...but again...I may be wrong

3. nikolio

nikolio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i was talking about froyo. i thought maybe if i saved my backup on the pc or something or even my sd that i could go back to rooted liberty w epic bold n blue. im just worrried theyre gonna stick something in the update that is important so root users dont have it. i dont really care about verizon updates cause my phone rox just how i want it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums