Backup/restore of SMS msgs and Music playlists

htartisan

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any apps that will allow Music app playlists and/or SMS messages to be backed up and restored to another ROM? (ie: ROMs from 2 different developers)

I have tried a couple of backup/restore apps, and if I restore SMS messages or playlists to a different ROM than I created them on, it seems to cause problems.

Reaction score
ive always used mybackup pro for backing up data, specifically SMS/MMS and call logs...im 99% sure you can backup playlists too..

Detonation

Reaction score
I use 'SMS Backup & Restore" by Ritesh Sahu. It backs up your texts to an XML file on your sd card. That XML file can then be used to later to restore them.

OP
H

htartisan

Reaction score
OK. But have any of you guys tried backing up and then restoring to a completely different ROM? (ie: backup SMS messages from Bugless Beast, and then restore them to Liquid Frozen Yogert)

As I mentioned, I have come across (and tried) a few apps that backup stuff like SMS messages and playlists, but when I try to restore them to a different ROM than they were backed up from, it seems to corrupt that ROM.

The "'SMS Backup & Restore" mnetioned above sounds promissing because it doesn't just copy data, ir reformats it to/from XML.

dwagner88

Reaction score
OK. But have any of you guys tried backing up and then restoring to a completely different ROM? (ie: backup SMS messages from Bugless Beast, and then restore them to Liquid Frozen Yogert)

As I mentioned, I have come across (and tried) a few apps that backup stuff like SMS messages and playlists, but when I try to restore them to a different ROM than they were backed up from, it seems to corrupt that ROM.

The "'SMS Backup & Restore" mnetioned above sounds promissing because it doesn't just copy data, ir reformats it to/from XML.

I do this all the time with my backup pro. In fact I just did it tonight. Works like a charm.