Backup assistant+ media

Raydee35

Reaction score
This process is running on my phone in the background all the time and I have determined that this process turns on a media process that kills my battery in the matter of one hour if I don't manually close the process. What is this backup assistant+ that is running on my phone? Is this one of those apps put on the phone from Verizon that is not needed? When I try to open it the app tries and then says it can't connect every single time. I don't believe I ever used it so I don't think its needed. How can I get rid of it forever?

KuddlKat

Reaction score
I can't even manually close it. :( Thought it was some corrupt media file, so ran scandisk while plugged into a windows PC, but no luck. I'm just going to try to wipe the phone and reinstall...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is Verizon's default method for backing up contacts and now media on your device. It is on there from the factory and you can' uninstall it, but you can freeze it with something like Titanium Backup if you are rooted or interested in doing so.

Other than that it is going to run all the time, does on my phone as well. Does not seem to effect battery life though.