Back to stock and think I like it

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've been away from stock for awhile trying different roms, which I love to do. But now I am back to stock and have to admit I like it just fine. Of course I use LauncherPro, but other than that there are not many changes that need made. I also freeze all the bloatware with Titanium...

Back on my Droid 1 roms were needed to have a decent phone, but D2 stock is not bad.

For now... will not be long and I will be on some other new rom... :)

karnovaran

Reaction score
Same here. I appreciate squidly and the others, but the custom ROMs seem to bring more bugs than they're worth. With Froyo and the amazing apps like ADW that have been developed in the last year, you can get a pretty awesome experience on stock. Root, overclocking, themes, and nandroid backups are enough for me.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I found that putting some of the stock 2.1 apps on my phone in place of the 2.2 has helped on ram too....they run as they should with no problems....keyboard, gallery, and removing parts I dont't use like messaging, talk, and some other stuff....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing this also. Where are some themes for the stock 2.3.2 with the black status bar?

karnovaran

Reaction score

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing this also. Where are some themes for the stock 2.3.2 with the black status bar?
This will work if you are deodexed - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/93267-bottom-lock-bar-2-3-20-blackbar.html

If you don't want the bottom lockbar, you can just pull the framework-res.apk and services.jar from squidly's latest ROM and replace the stock files (deodexed, of course).

Well, I loaded the full sbf file, so I guess I would have to load the deodexed version over the top before I would use this, correct?

karnovaran

Reaction score
This will work if you are deodexed - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/93267-bottom-lock-bar-2-3-20-blackbar.html

If you don't want the bottom lockbar, you can just pull the framework-res.apk and services.jar from squidly's latest ROM and replace the stock files (deodexed, of course).

Well, I loaded the full sbf file, so I guess I would have to load the deodexed version over the top before I would use this, correct?
That should work.. flash the deodexed update.zip and then delete the leftover odex files via adb:

adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

If you have Root Explorer, you could also do this by multi-selecting each odex file and deleting.