audio recording

timlitw

Reaction score
I want to be able to record on my Moto Droid. There are some speaches this next week that I want to record - the auditorium provides 1/4 jack outputs for recording and I was wondering what it would take to capture these on my droid.

I downloaded a recorder from the market, but does it take a special cord or something to record or is the jack headphone only an output?

Thanks for any help with this.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I have an app called Voice Recorder. It can record spoken sound pretty well. No idea about taking in audio input with a cable, though.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I don't know how you would go about executing this task (with the headphone jack) but keep in mind, the Droid's headphone jack is capable of receiving audio input in addition to sending audio output.

Think about it.... with cell phone technology for many years, headphone jacks can accept corded headsets with microphones with 3 "contact points" on the plug (versus 2 on typical stereo headphones) so you can plug in the corded headset to listen to audio, plus speak through the in-line microphone for calls.

So, the hardware is capable, however, I'm not sure if there's such a thing as dedicated software for Android that can capture that audio coming from the jack (when not on a call that is).

Does anyone know of software like this that might be available?