Attachments and Gmail app

rsarno

Reaction score
I am using the gmail app that came with phone. Is there a way for me to open attachments?

I try clicking on them and nothing is happening. Also menu button wont give me the option.

Thanks

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Mine has a preview button to click on.
Maybe you need to download an ap to access them, like Doc To Go or a PDF viewer. Then maybe the "preview" button comes up? Mine comes up with those choices, even a Word Doc I just tried came up with various ways to open them, but they're aps I loaded onto my Droid.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Mine has a preview button to click on.
Maybe you need to download an ap to access them, like Doc To Go or a PDF viewer. Then maybe the "preview" button comes up? Mine comes up with those choices, even a Word Doc I just tried came up with various ways to open them, but they're aps I loaded onto my Droid.

hmm i do have docs2go, do i have to actually have it running? (thats probably a dumb question)

i wil try

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Mine wasn't up and running. It's loaded. No task killer on my droid either...

Is this a simpe document?
And if you have the free Docs to Go it doesn't do PDF, so if you're doing a PDF then you need a pdf viewer.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
just an excel file
Hm. Just tried an excel doc. Mine worked.

Maybe it's too big?

Another idea, I read this on another forum for just a general problem. Shut off the phone, remove the battery, put the battery back in, turn the phone back on. It "refreshes" it. I did that once and it helped. Not sure why. Might help, and couldn't hurt.

Or maybe someone else knows... or has an idea...

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
hehe im a moron.

I completely overlooked the PREVIEW button, and i was just trying to click on the paperclip

debdroid1a

Reaction score
You're not a moron. Everyone has moments like that.

Now that it's been a while you can :laugh: over it...