Asus Releases MeMo Pad ME172V in the US for $150

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-memo-pad-me172v.jpg

Asus' MeMo Pad ME172V is now available in the US for $149.99 retail. It's spec-sheet is slightly less than the Nexus 7, but it is $50 bucks cheaper and could make for a great stocking stuffer. Here's a quick refresher breakdown,
  • 7-inch LCD screen boasts a sub-par 1,024 x 600 pixels resolution
  • 1 GHz VIA WM8950 CPU
  • 370 grams and measures 11.2 mm thick
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • 1 gig of RAM
  • 4,270 mAh battery
  • 1 MP cam on the front
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB
  • 16GB Storage (expandable with microSD slot)
What do you guys think? Great budget tablet or just too easy to pass up for the Nexus 7?

Source: Engadget

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I prefer my Nexus. Yes the expandable memory is nice...but I do a lot of mobile gaming and the more graphics intensive ones are optimized to run like butter on Tegra devices.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Very, very tempting. But I'll hold on to my bitcoin a little longer and see what emerges at Google I/O in about a month. I'm definitely counting on nicer hardware and a few other goodies, but it would break my heart if Google raised the price on the 2nd gen Nexus 7. Also not eager to wait until the July release date. Hopefully $199 (either 16GB or 32GB is fine by me) is the magic number.

EDIT: wow, just took a closer look at Amazon. Maybe I WILL get it for my wife, and then save up for the N7 for meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

-Matt

Last edited: