ASUS Outs Bootloader Unlock Utility for T-Prime; Available for Download Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-t-prime-bootloader-unlocl.png

Although ASUS issued a strong warning against users unlocking the bootloader on their Transformer Prime, they just made it available for download. They also made it plainly clear that if you do so, and accidentally wreak havoc on your device, then they will not support you. Still, for the tinkerers among us, this is a cool thing coming from the manufacturer. Here is ASUS' statement on the issue,

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.

Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.

It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

Now, if you still want to proceed, feel free to head to the download link below on Asus' Support site. Also, don't forget to ask in the forums for assistance if you haven't done it before. Be very careful as you could potentially brick your device, and we don't want that! :)

Source: TransformerForums via Asus Support

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just grabbed it. I'm picking up my Prime today from BestBuy and though I won't be unlocking it right off, I will have it for when I do. Nice to see a company embracing what people want.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I pick mine up tomorrow and guess ill be unlocking it then as well!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Not to kick a dead horse but I wish Motorola would follow ASUS's lead with their bootloader.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Not to kick a dead horse but I wish Motorola would follow ASUS's lead with their bootloader.

I was going to say almost the exact same thing about Moto! Keep up the good work, ASUS!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
unlock the newer models transformers tf101 :)

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did I read that correctly that ASUS will not even repair a hardware problem that occurs on an unlocked device, even if you are willing to pay for said repair? :blink: I can totally understand an unlocked bootloader voiding a warranty but to totally refuse to work on it at all?

After rereading it again, are they saying they won't work on it all even if you pay them or they don't guarantee they'll be able to fix it if it's been unlocked? That makes a little more sense, I suppose.