Asus Officially Announced the Next-Gen TF701T Transformer Pad Infinity

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-transformer-pad-TF701T-2.jpg

They teased us for the last few days, and then late yesterday they revealed it. Asus announced their next-generation Transformer Pad Infinity, the TF701T. It comes with an unsurprisingly impressive array of specs and features. Heres the scoop:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quad-core
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 10.1-inch 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA, 300ppi) LED-backlit with IPS with 10-point capacitive multi-touch
  • 2GB DDR3L RAM,
  • 32GB/64GB onboard storage with microSDXC (tablet) & SDXC (dock) slots
  • 5MP F/2.4 rear camera with auto focus & 1080p Full HD video recording, 1.2MP front camera with 720p HD video recording
  • 802.11a/b/g/n (dual-band) with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR,
  • Micro-HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
  • USB 3.0 port, microSDXC card slot
  • Accelerometer, ambient light, e-compass, gyroscope
  • Speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology, microphone
  • Battery for Tablet: 31Wh lithium polymer with up to 13 hours battery life
  • Battery for Dock: 16Wh lithium polymer with up to 4 hours battery life
  • Color Dark gray
  • 263 x 180.8 x 8.9mm, 585g
  • 263 x 180.8 x 7mm, 570g
We don't know exactly when the tablet will hit store shelves, but we do know its pricing: Without the Mobile Dock, the tablet will cost $399, while the bundle will retail for $499. This seems like a pretty spectacular value for the amount of power and features you are getting. Sound off what you think of the new hotness from Asus.

Source: TransformerForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
2gigs of ram is a bit light...Otherwise specs are fantastic across the board. I'd jump on this if I wasn't completely happy with my ultrabook.

My one beef is I think the rear cameras are a waste. Doesn't look like too much went into that at 5mp, but if you eliminate that you could bump the ram for about the same cost.

Also seems like they mismatched the battery life between the dock and the tablet (not sure why the dock gets such lousy battery life with half the battery of the tablet and not display, guts, etc..)

shark86x

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
2g

Also seems like they mismatched the battery life between the dock and the tablet (not sure why the dock gets such lousy battery life with half the battery of the tablet and not display, guts, etc..)

I have the current version, and the dock powers the entire tablet, and also recharges the tablet battery.

I also am surprised that the dock is rated so low on power when there's more room for a bigger battery than in the tablet..

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder how hard it would be to hack in a larger battery?

Regardless, I think I've found the replacement to my aging TF101...

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
:nerd: ooooooh, awwww.... I'll stick with my TF700 for the time being though. :wink-b: