Asus Announcement 4: New Transformer Pad Infinity with Retina Level Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-transformer-pad-infinity-2013.jpg

Here's our next Asus device and it's a doozy. They have one-upped themselves with a new Transformer Pad Infinity. The new version of the device will likely be the most powerful new Android tablet to hit the market later this year. It will be coming with a 1.9GHz Tegra 4 quad-core chipset. It will also come sporting a phenomenal 10.1-inch "Retina Level Display." Here's the full spec breakdown,
  • 10.1-inch 2,560 x 1,600 display
  • NVIDIA’s quad-core Tegra 4 chipset clocked at 1.9GHz
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 5 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.2 megapixel front camera
  • 32Gb of internal storage
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • USB 3.0, an SD card slot (probably part of the dock)
  • HDMI-out with support for 4K video
As you can see, Asus isn't pulling any punches with this killer device. We can't wait to get our hands on one. Again they didn't share pricing or launch timeframe for this device, but we suspect it will be pretty pricey and hit the streets in the second half of this year. We will share those details as soon as we get them.

Asgard

Reaction score
Please stop calling things "retina level" or "retina like" display.
"retina" is just a buzzword from apple and we shouldn't be increasing the use of that.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish they'd stop putting cameras in 10" tablets.
It's very annoying when watching an event to have someone in front of you shove a 10x13 photo frame sized device into your view so they can get a photo. Even worse when they attempt to record a video on it.
The way phones keep increasing in size, it's only a matter of time before they become distractions as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please stop calling things "retina level" or "retina like" display.
"retina" is just a buzzword from apple and we shouldn't be increasing the use of that.

Sorry... just reporting it as it was given. I agree with you in principle, but I just reported it the way Asus was marketing it. :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see a frivolous lawsuit in the near future started by Apple.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so how much more resolution do we REALLY need on these small displays, heck I own the Nook HD+ with 1920x1280 resolution on 9" Tablet, and the fonts are so damn small, yes the screen is beautiful and sharp, but I am losing my vision :icon_eek:, maybe I am just getting old:biggrin:

Last edited: