1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by svengoolie, Dec 18, 2012.

1. svengoolie

svengoolie New Member

Are other people having a ton of problems since updating to Jelly Bean?

My biggest one is that it keeps temporarily deleting all my text messages. It will just be blank and say "You have no messages." I'm forced to restart the phone before I can see them again. This has happened 4 times now.

I keep getting a warning about "roaming" and it seems to be connected to when I use wifi, which is sparingly. It gives me this spiel about extra charges when going out of country and if I want to accept the charges for this trip. Meanwhile, I'm in my basement...

The little headphone icon, which I found very useful for at work, seems to no longer exist. This is a nuisance more than a glitch though.

Is anyone else having these problems?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

3. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

I kept losing 4g. Wife's phone OK. Togglec off the "Global". No problem since.
  4. rdmoore1952

rdmoore1952 New Member

Early on I had a few strange things happen but nothing I could really put a finger on. The only real problem I've had was with the camera going flaky on me. I tried multiple reboots without success. I finally pulled the battery and I've not had a problem since.
  5. svengoolie

svengoolie New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by updating over the air. I'll try this method tonight when I get a chance.

Something else that's been happening since the update is that the Google Play app gets screwing up on me. I'll be listening to an album, but at some point it'll decide it doesn't want to work anymore. What it will do is not skip to the next track when it ends. The timer keeps counting up as if the song is still playing, but it's over and silent. When I try clicking pause or loading up a different song, it won't do anything. It's just stuck like that.
  6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one. I flashed JB through that site. Going to try a FDR today after I back everything up.

My GPlay was working fine at first but starting yesterday I'm getting that same problem. I'll report back after the reset, though it looks like it hasn't helped others.
  7. rbyham

rbyham New Member

All well until today. Now when pressing home button it lands one page right instead of on middle home screen. Weird but consistent. Any idea how to fix?
  8. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

This is a setting. From the home screen hit your left (menu) button, and select edit. Now drag and order your home pages appropriately.
  9. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

No issues here, loaded the latest JB leak using Odin, also Rooted and unlocked it.
  10. steeletown

steeletown Member

No problems here not 1 issue.
  11. music life

music life Member

Stock and having tons of problems. Did a FDR and still nothing. I am needing to force close play music like 5 times a day.
  12. k1ngr4t

While Brendons right, I don't think thats your issue. For whatever reason the default home page was changed. So do the same steps as suggested, but when all the screens appear, you'll see a little house in the right corner of each. Tap whichever one you want to be the home screen and it'll turn blue. Hope this helps.
  13. rbyham

rbyham New Member

Thanks but this did not fix. I can drag my home screens around bu the "wrong" Karen one always has the blue "home" Karen icon selected. How do I tell JB that it has the wrong center home screen?
  14. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

k1ngr4t has the right idea. Forgot about the home icon in the top right corner.
  15. deborah3756

deborah3756 New Member

My Internet connection has been sluggish since the update. Can't tell if it's my ISP or 4G I switch back and forth between the two and it still sucks. I reboot it's better for a while then back to a slow connection for both.
  16. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

I got the OTA upgrade the first day it was listed by Verizon as being available to its SG3 customers. The download and installation both were completed with out any issues noted at that time. Since then my phone is faster and have had none of the issues listed in the thread. I generaly do a 'hard reset' back to factory settings with my devices when ever there is a major upgrade like this one. Some say that is a necessity, some say its optional and some say its actually worthless. To each his own I guess.

Quadrant score average was 6030. Speedtest.net readings average 23215 dowload and 16560 upload.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  17. Jelem1880

Jelem1880 New Member

Since the jellybean update I've noticed that my docked homescreen apps keep disappearing. Has this happened to anybody else?
  18. menudo18

menudo18 New Member

My screen was flickering today. It looked like a software issue fortunately a rep at Verizon saw it and noted it on my account.
  19. k1ngr4t

This has happened to me with a previous phone and the only thing that fixed it was an FDR. Not sure what caused it but this sounds like pretty much the same thing...
  20. steeletown

steeletown Member

Mine did the same thing, I did fdr and it has not done it since.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 jelly bean issues
galaxy s3 charging problem after update
galaxy s3 jelly bean charging problem
galaxy s3 jelly bean problems

galaxy s3 problems after update

jelly bean charging issues
jelly bean update for galaxy s3 verizon issues
jelly bean volume problem
problems with the jelly bean update on verizon galaxy s3
s3 not charging since upgrading to jellybean
s3 problems after update