App to track what is accessing the network and how much?

loki993

Reaction score
There are times where my phone will access the network, sometimes for extended times, and I have no idea what it is. Is there an app that I can download the will be able to track that so I can identify the app that's causing it. I haven't been able to find anything built into the os that does anything like that either

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

meishkov

Reaction score
There are times where my phone will access the network, sometimes for extended times, and I have no idea what it is. Is there an app that I can download the will be able to track that so I can identify the app that's causing it. I haven't been able to find anything built into the os that does anything like that either

Yea my phone I think has always done this, it'll just send data for a couple minutes and I won't be able to do anything that requires an internet connection, then it'll stop and go back to normal. Probably Verizon scanning everything that's on our phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LocoRon

Reaction score
I've been using Onavo Lite to monitor my network usage lately. It's pretty good.

juv3

Reaction score

Well Droid Wall is a firewall for Android and you can block android.feedback which might be what is connecting, you can actually allow only the apps you need to connect to the network and uncheck the ones you don't need

juv3

Reaction score
If you are going to have an app running to see how much or long another app is connected to the network you might as well have an app preventing those apps from connecting, try Droid Wall is Android Firewall

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
If you are going to have an app running to see how much or long another app is connected to the network you might as well have an app preventing those apps from connecting, try Droid Wall is Android Firewall

Right, but wouldn't I need to know what app it of that's doing it first before I block it?

mjs1015

Reaction score
LBE Privacy Gaurd is a good one that I use.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any app that requests Internet Connection can access your data connection. Which most ad based apps can. Go to /settings/applications/running services and see what running. Widgets and apps that refresh will appear.